Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie4 max pixel without PI

~DOC~

It is correct that you can create a matrix any way you like and run the strings any way you want as long as you create your own sequence. The problems begin when you try and use someone elses sequence or a purchased sequence, then nothing lines up.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It is correct that you can create a matrix any way you like and run the strings any way you want as long as you create your own sequence. The problems begin when you try and use someone elses sequence or a purchased sequence, then nothing lines up.

Yea I came to a stand still on the project. I did a lot of research instead yesterday and JR was right. Might be too much a hassle. So what I bought supplies for isn’t going too work so I am on standby until I determine what I am going to do. Quantifying the cost is one thing. I read through a few prop designs and it seems one row per port is the norm on the pixie. 

Edited by ~DOC~

9 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Yea I came to a stand still on the project. I did a lot of research instead yesterday and JR was right. Might be too much a hassle. So what I bought supplies for isn’t going too work so I am on standby until I determine what I am going to do. I read through a few prop designs and it seems one row per port is the norm on the pixie. 

You can buy a pixie 8 and wire it to the same power supply provided with your pixie16. If you purchased from LOR it is a 500 watt psu. This should be fine for a matrix up to a certain number of pixels as long as you mount the controller on the matrix. Super easy to do. Or buy the pixie8 and a cheap 350w psu and cg1500 box. use both in unison.

I built all of my pixie controllers so I have a large box that holds both controllers and my 750 w psu however all you need is a cg1500 and some wire and your problem would be solved. Of course that gives you a 24X ….. matrix. I do not know of anyone doing it any other way with a pixie. The pixies are for us K.I.S.S. people.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 2/11/2019 at 9:48 AM, dibblejr said:

The pixies are for us K.I.S.S. people.

On LOR’s pixel tree package they do a fold? Looking into the future once I have this matrix done. I plan a tree next. A tree is nothing more than a matrix. Is the norm to run each string without a fold or with? Obviously since LOR tree has a single fold they make sequences for a fold. Just don’t understand why not for a matrix. 

Oh back in business hopefully I have something lighting up on the matrix this weekend

1 hour ago, ~DOC~ said:

On LOR’s pixel tree package they do a fold? Looking into the future once I have this matrix done. I plan a tree next. A tree is nothing more than a matrix. Is the norm to run each string without a fold or with? Obviously since LOR tree has a single fold they make sequences for a fold. Just don’t understand why not for a matrix. 

Oh back in business hopefully I have something lighting up on the matrix this weekend

That tree is the 25 node tree , 25 up and back down or over. Brian built the SS vis and it allows the sequence to play right.

On a matrix as we all have said “it can be done” however painstaking to sequence and multiply that by many of receiving shared matrix sequences

Just like circles - it’s 50 per string however they are split in half in the vis with the vis sending the signal to the required pixels as sequenced.

It can be done in SE but takes forever

JR

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

That tree is the 25 node tree , 25 up and back down or over. Brian built the SS vis and it allows the sequence to play right.

On a matrix as we all have said “it can be done” however painstaking to sequence and multiply that by many of receiving shared matrix sequences

Just like circles - it’s 50 per string however they are split in half in the vis with the vis sending the signal to the required pixels as sequenced.

It can be done in SE but takes forever

JR

So when the time comes is it better to do rows on a mega tree? 

39 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

So when the time comes is it better to do rows on a mega tree? 

Yes, less complicated and if buying or sharing they are copy paste.

JR

5 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

As far as I know Brian is the only one making those sequences for the 2x25 trees.

Superstarlights 

Im not sure how many he has now but they are very nice.

I know/ think Brian has made some custom visualizations, if you are dead set on the fold matrix you could ask him and see. (May charge)

You could alsoget the tree vis rom his site and see if you can lay it in its side in SS and manipulate it.

If anyone can do it , it would be Brian.

JR

• The topic was locked