Light-O-Rama Forums

Central Oklahoma Mini - 2019 (Event Announcement)

Santas Helper

Central Oklahoma Mini 2019

Date: Saturday April 13th (chosen by the majority)

Location: Please PM for the location if interested. Thank you.

Admission: Free as always

Time: 11:00 am until ???

LODGING: there are many hotels in the area which can be found with a google search. Any hotels along I-40 or I-35 in central Oklahoma are in good. Hotels in Bricktown are good if also looking for something else to do during your visit to OKC. Bass Pro Shop is there too.

FOOD: Food/snacks and such will be provided. This means we eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff. 
FOOD: If anyone wants to make a donation or bring food/snacks, please let me know. If you’re a chef, or just like cooking/smoking/baking, by all means bring your masterpiece.

Strongly recommended:
Bring your projects, thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.
There has been great ideas shared and posted. I would like to see those ideas in person, along with everyone else who attends.

There will be an overhead projector (or two) connected to a computer (or two) for any training/sharing or showing videos of our displays. Please bring your own laptop/computer/thumbdrive if you feel the need and maybe want assistance with setting up your channels/settings and such.

A soldering station will be setup for those wanting to share/see/learn a little and maybe even build/repair a few things. I have controllers with triacs I’m wanting to replace and will attempt to do this during the mini.

So what would you like to see/share??? DIY? RGB strips? Pixels? Arches? Mini Trees? Mega Tree? Snow Flakes? Pixel Editor? Superstar? Controllers? Transmitters?
It's endless!!! (bring your stuff to show others).

If you have items to swap/trade/sell, bring those too.

As mentioned earlier, there is "no cost" to attend the Central Oklahoma-Mini. There is “no schedule” to keep up with once things get started. So show up when you can and stay for however long you can.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

4 WEEKS !!!!

4 weeks (from yesterday) is the Central Oklahoma Mini. 

If you are interested in attending, please PM me and I'll add you to the invite list.

We are getting a head count for charis/tables and food. So please contact me if interested.

Thank you,

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 2

This is a great event with some great people for those that can attend.

Wish I could attend unfortunately I have a full plate this year.

JR

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

.... Wish I could attend unfortunately I have a full plate this year.

JR

Understand - but you will be missed for sure. 

18 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

... We are getting a head count for charis/tables and food. So please contact me if interested.

Thank you,

Tom

I rsvp’d on Liz’ FB post. But as much as I love to eat, you probably should count me too. 😜

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 7:22 AM, Mega Arch said:

I rsvp’d on Liz’ FB post. But as much as I love to eat, you probably should count me too. 😜

Anyone who shows interest here will be shared with Liz so everyone will be on the same list. And I think we both are in the same ball park when it comes to eating. :lol:

Edited by Santas Helper

• 2 weeks later...

Central Oklahoma Mini - ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!

We have many sponsors that have provided door prizes to give away. 

Free, Food and Friendly

Join us for some awesome fun and meet/greet some great people.

It's not too late to sign up. 

I wish I could make it! Brand new to LOR and the forums. With the short notice and 6 games to coach between Friday and Sunday it will be tough...haven't ruled it out, yet, though...so much new stuff to learn. I do commercial Christmas lights, but they are all normal displays. 

8 hours ago, Lubbockredneck said:

I wish I could make it! Brand new to LOR and the forums. With the short notice and 6 games to coach between Friday and Sunday it will be tough...haven't ruled it out, yet, though...so much new stuff to learn. I do commercial Christmas lights, but they are all normal displays. 

First off, welcome to the forum and this crazy bunch of people. :)

I wouldn't call posting the event on February 1st a short notice but hope you can make it. I think you will find very worth your time, especially if your brand new. Even if you can just stop by for an hour or two, it will be worth it.

Hope to see ya there.

Tom 

12 hours ago, Lubbockredneck said:

If there is any chance that you can get to hang out with this great group of people it would be worth your while to do so. These minis are only a once a year event (the close ones to you). It beats starting out and trying to learn this stuff on a forum because you will get hands on, network and make friends with people who know this stuff. If I wasn't so busy I would drive there from Alabama in which I have done before. The OKC group are great.

JR

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If there is any chance that you can get to hang out with this great group of people it would be worth your while to do so. These minis are only a once a year event (the close ones to you). It beats starting out and trying to learn this stuff on a forum because you will get hands on, network and make friends with people who know this stuff. If I wasn't so busy I would drive there from Alabama in which I have done before. The OKC group are great.

JR

And you get to meet great people like JR :)

Thanks for your input JR. We're going to miss you.

• Like 1

I'd love to hang out with a bunch of LOR gurus. I appreciate the group focus and ability to learn from others and really take meaning to linking, daisy chaining, and understanding the software, etc. The stars may be lining up with the latest weather forecast in Lubbock. It will be a friday night decision. I'll be messaging to see where the meeting is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lubbockredneck said:

I'd love to hang out with a bunch of LOR gurus. I appreciate the group focus and ability to learn from others and really take meaning to linking, daisy chaining, and understanding the software, etc. The stars may be lining up with the latest weather forecast in Lubbock. It will be a friday night decision. I'll be messaging to see where the meeting is.

Message sent.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

I was just a few weeks late getting back

Look forward to seeing you at the next one. :)

• The topic was locked