Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer Pencil Pointer

bdwillie

Is there a way to change the pointer in sequencer to something different than the pencil?  Would like the old standard mouse pointer.  I seem to have trouble hitting the right spot with the pencil, getting old ya know....It's too small / skinny for me to see where it is pointing.  Just curious!  

Must be something new in S5.  Last time I installed and looked at S5, which was an earlier version that you're using, it was still the Windows default pointer I have set in my system.   If the pencil is now a default, maybe LOR needs to change that to how some of the games I have on my computer do things, give you a choice, use the custom cursor built in {like the pencil} or use the old standard arrow cursor.

Always nice to be given a choice. :)

BTW: LOR What's up with the emoticons now?  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  As in sometimes you see the actual picture of the face picked, other times you just see the old style original characters used for them.

Edited by Orville

Sounds like me and the vis, its so difficult to know exactly where I am drawing each line of a prop. I manage but a more blunt point would be nice.

JR

Noooooo !!!... don't take my pencil away... lol 😱

It actually serves a very useful purpose. It changes from Arrow (Select Mode) to Pencil (Edit Mode) and designates you what mode you are in. If you are having hard time seeing the tip, try chainging your grid size. Honestly the tip of the arrow and the tip of the pencil are both hard to see if your grid is too small. Easy fix, change the grid size.

Alan...

s5%20pointer.gif

Don't know if all versions of Windows has this option, but perhaps you could turn on the Windows Magnifier and increase the magnification.  It takes a little getting used to in moving around the screen with it on and enlarged, but it could help.  I know, I use it from time to time in Windows 7 Home Premium, it's under Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Start Magnifier.  Just click the + or - symbols on the small window to enlarge or shrink the magnification.   It works pretty well, but, again, it does take some getting used to in using it.

Hopefully all versions of Windows has something like this, it can really help, especially if you have vision issues!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bdwillie said:

Cussed that silly pencil again today!  LOL  Driving me batty!

Does it help you to expand the sequencing grid bigger so you can see it better? As shown above.

Alan...

On 2/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, default said:

Does it help you to expand the sequencing grid bigger so you can see it better? As shown above.

Alan...

Not really, I wil get used to it eventually....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 10:19 PM, MattBrown said:

OK, in the next release you will have a choice:

image.png

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  A POINTER!!!

On 2/9/2019 at 10:19 PM, MattBrown said:

OK, in the next release you will have a choice:

image.png

Just downloaded and installed 5.2.4.  Changed to the pointer!   AWESOME!!  I can see that so much better!  Hit the square I need every time!  THANK YOU SO MUCH MIKE BROWN and the team!  Such an awesome company and group of guys!  Thanks again!  Can't wait to get to sit down and sequence again!  😍  Love it!