Light-O-Rama Forums

Flickering Lights in Preview Window

Jade Rymkos

HI All,

I've noticed some flickering lights in my Preview Window when I play a sequence.  I think it may be a result of overlapping props in my preview design.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I can't test against hardware right now, so I don't know if the lights are actually flickering.  I hope they would not actually be flickering.

Note:  I tried to upload my sequence but got a message stating "There was a problem processing the uploaded file.  Please contact us for assistance."

Thanks, Jade

35 minutes ago, Jade Rymkos said:

HI All,

I've noticed some flickering lights in my Preview Window when I play a sequence.  I think it may be a result of overlapping props in my preview design.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I can't test against hardware right now, so I don't know if the lights are actually flickering.  I hope they would not actually be flickering.

Note:  I tried to upload my sequence but got a message stating "There was a problem processing the uploaded file.  Please contact us for assistance."

Thanks, Jade

I don't know about S5 but in S4 using vis if you move fixtures around you can miss a bulb here and there they will light up while playing in the vis. It does not affect the actual props. 

Replying so I will have the answer for future use.

JR

Was this a preview you imported in from S4? My first preview I noticed some weird things like that. I totally re-draw my entire preview in S5 and all the weird things went away.

1 hour ago, dougd said:

Was this a preview you imported in from S4? My first preview I noticed some weird things like that. I totally re-draw my entire preview in S5 and all the weird things went away.

I thought I redrew most of my props.  I can't remember if I imported anything from S4.  I may have to live with it since I have way too much time invested in my 2019 preview and don't feel like re-doing it.  I'll keep my eye on it and if it becomes an issue, I may try redrawing parts of my preview.

Thanks for the info,

Jade