Light-O-Rama Forums

Re-importing a Grid Configuration into a Sequence - Observation

Jade Rymkos

Hi All,

I noticed when I re-imported a grid configuration into a sequence, a duplicate motion row (same name but contains no data/effects) is created.  It appears the duplicate motion row is added if there is an effect in the original motion row.  In the screen shot below, a duplicate "Flake_02:Effects 01" motion row was added after I re-imported the grid configuration.  Even though both rows have the same name, they are not associated with one another.  Maybe I shouldn't have tried to upgrade my grid configuration by re-importing an updated configuration. 

ScreenShot3.PNG.4eac2c496691e60e23b773f91e98a813.PNG

- Jade

With Sympathy: My simple-minded solution was to spend hours going through sequences and deleting duplicate rows. I'm thankful that there is an "are you sure?' message when the row contains motion effects. " Are you sur you want to delete 4,237 motion effects?" No, I am not. Maybe with S 6 the whole grid/view thing will be smoother. If anyone can give a brief tutorial on this topic, I'm listening.

On 1/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, PCRail said:

With Sympathy: My simple-minded solution was to spend hours going through sequences and deleting duplicate rows. I'm thankful that there is an "are you sure?' message when the row contains motion effects. " Are you sur you want to delete 4,237 motion effects?" No, I am not. Maybe with S 6 the whole grid/view thing will be smoother. If anyone can give a brief tutorial on this topic, I'm listening.

From the menu, select Sequence > Delete Grid Rows. Notice the first item:

image.png

This makes motion row cleanup quick.

Matt