Light-O-Rama Forums

Central Oklahoma Mini 2019

Santas Helper

Central Oklahoma Mini 2019 - coming soon. Choose a date. More specifics will be provided soon.   

3 members have voted

1. 1. What date works best for you?

• March 23rd
    • March 30th
    • April 13th
    • April 27th
    • May 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2019 at 07:33 PM

32 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Bummer been waiting for one of these and I maybe in transit to California. This is a basic class on using LOR correct? I hope that my company will make their decision this coming week.

Actually the classes will vary so if you would like to see a particular class you should ask and if time permits and more are interested they may fit it in.

If you can’t make it you could probably start your own mini wherever you may be.

Just get on here just like Tom and put a feeler out. You don’t have to be the “know all” on the knowledge, everyone can bring something to the table.

All you need is a place to host and probably members will attend.

Its worth a try, go for the beginners mini and see if you can get at least one member with some experience.

All topics should be open and considered. Someone offering to provide classes in RGB stuff would have enough knowledge in the other LOR process’s.

But yeah, if you can make it to meet with the OKC crew they are a great bunch of people and had some fun bizarre games in their bag!

Just to bad my friend Cesar can’t make it this year.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Bummer been waiting for one of these and I maybe in transit to California. This is a basic class on using LOR correct? I hope that my company will make their decision this coming week.

Doc,

There will be a variety of topics being covered, basic use of LOR can be one of them. There has been a show of interest in many areas from software, to hardware with LOR, Xlights, Falcon and others. Building props, DIY stuff and just about anything else involving animated displays. It's not really structured on time/schedule of events but rather an open floor for show & tell, discuss and share whatever the desire.

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Actually the classes will vary so if you would like to see a particular class you should ask and if time permits and more are interested they may fit it in.

If you can’t make it you could probably start your own mini wherever you may be.

Just get on here just like Tom and put a feeler out. You don’t have to be the “know all” on the knowledge, everyone can bring something to the table.

All you need is a place to host and probably members will attend.

Its worth a try, go for the beginners mini and see if you can get at least one member with some experience.

All topics should be open and considered. Someone offering to provide classes in RGB stuff would have enough knowledge in the other LOR process’s.

But yeah, if you can make it to meet with the OKC crew they are a great bunch of people and had some fun bizarre games in their bag!

Just to bad my friend Cesar can’t make it this year.

JR

Very well said JR.

• Like 1

I will need to wait to see my availability. Oklahoma is 12 hr drive but completely doable. I like road trips. As far as the information provide during it.  I will act like a sponge on any topic and soak up as much info as possible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

I will need to wait to see my availability. Oklahoma is 12 hr drive but completely doable. I like road trips. As far as the information provide during it.  I will act like a sponge on any topic and soak up as much info as possible. 

Doc, a date will be chosen (by majority on the poll) soon and will be posted here on the forum. Other info will be provided as well. Stay tuned and hopefully the timing will work in your favor. It would be nice to meet you in person.

Edited by Santas Helper

7 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Doc, a date will be chosen (by majority on the poll) soon and will be posted here on the forum. Other info will be provided as well. Stay tuned and hopefully the timing will work in your favor. It would be nice to meet you in person.

I can take any date off as long as I know the date. I have plenty of time off.. Also it would be nice to put a face to a name....

52 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Yes, I drove 12 hours and picked up another member in Little Rock on the way.

Was a very interesting stay with the 3 of us. Me, Cesar and Don LOL

Though Don drove his own Vehichle because he was gonna visit family on way back.

Great times.

JR

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Santas Helper said:

It’s been 2 years since our last one so we’re due for a great time with crazy people.

Liz and Mark Miranda has graciously offered to host it at their residence (Thank you Liz and Mark).

All who are willing to travel are invited as well.

So we need to decide on a date. In the past we typically have it on a Saturday (to give flexibility to folks traveling from out of town) and sometime in the spring (after spring break and before summer vacations). Mother’s Day and Easter weekends are not an option. A couple other weekends are not listed because of prior commitments.

The sooner we get a date, the sooner we can move on to fun stuff like food and what people are interested in seeing/sharing/discussing/learning at the mini.

More specifics like location and time will be provided later in the main announcement.

So please choose the date that works best for you. Just in case you don't see the dates posted, please scroll up to see the poll and make a choice.

Hi is the mini in Oklahoma  City      Thanks Dennis

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi is the mini in Oklahoma  City      Thanks Dennis

Thanks for asking Dennis,

It will be held in Edmond (North OKC). More details will be posted soon including the location and such.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the mini.  Thank you Tom for organizing it!  Mark and I are happy to host.  Sorry, I haven't been on the boards in ages.  We are only using xlights and have been mainly on facebook groups.  My husband started a group for Oklahoma light enthusiasts through Facebook.  We welcome you all to join!  It is a great way to get to know everyone before the mini.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/452586381927900/?ref=share

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, OkieGirl said:

We are looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the mini.  Thank you Tom for organizing it!  Mark and I are happy to host.  Sorry, I haven't been on the boards in ages.  We are only using xlights and have been mainly on facebook groups.  My husband started a group for Oklahoma light enthusiasts through Facebook.  We welcome you all to join!  It is a great way to get to know everyone before the mini.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/452586381927900/?ref=share

Greetings all, just bumping this post from OkieGirl (Liz). There is a link to the Oklahoma Christmas Light Enthusiast facebook group. Please join the group if interested, especially if interested in attending (please RSVP) the mini in two weeks.

Thank you,

Tom

• The topic was locked