Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Remote Help

gsmith37064

Just installed S5 and would like to see who is available to help remotely with this.

I have a prop that is 21 pixels. It's my mini pixel ghost 1. I assume I need to create a group of this prop of 21 pixels. I have 8 of these. I will then take the 8 props and create a group?

If anyone wants to give me a hand... PM me please. We only have 10months to get this working. :)

Edited by gsmith37064

I am getting all sorts of channel conflicts. Under S4 you had the main RGB node. You can expand that node and see the 3 sub-nodes. RED GREEN BLUE.

In S5 it seems to not understand the main node and says the 3 sub-nodes are in conflict. How do I clean this up without having to rebuild my channels? It's on everything I have.

Also how do you drag the house outline? It's just one horizontal string that I cannot move. I can rotate it easy enough, but that's about it.

Also how do you resize the house picture?

I think I will be alright once I get past these issues which seem small.

So any S5 guru wanna help me out?

Edited by gsmith37064

21 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I am getting all sorts of channel conflicts. Under S4 you had the main RGB node. You can expand that node and see the 3 sub-nodes. RED GREEN BLUE.

In S5 it seems to not understand the main node and says the 3 sub-nodes are in conflict. How do I clean this up without having to rebuild my channels? It's on everything I have.

How did you create the Preview?  Did you create a new Preview in S5 from scratch or try to import something?

3 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Just installed S5 and would like to see who is available to help remotely with this.

Do you have remote software on your computer (for example, Teamviewer or VNC)?

3 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

I have a prop that is 21 pixels. It's my mini pixel ghost 1. I assume I need to create a group of this prop of 21 pixels. I have 8 of these. I will then take the 8 props and create a group?

Each individual prop does not need to be a group, but most likely your eight ghosts will be in a group.

33 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Do you have remote software on your computer (for example, Teamviewer or VNC)?

Each individual prop does not need to be a group, but most likely your eight ghosts will be in a group.

Hey Jim,

Yes I teamviewer and anydesk.

43 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

How did you create the Preview?  Did you create a new Preview in S5 from scratch or try to import something?

I imported it from the animation screen of S4. It did fairly well just just a few hick-ups.

Edited by gsmith37064

I would suggest to anyone upgrading to S5 to create, from scratch, your preview.  Start with a just a few of your props and test it.  On an another day do some more props and more testing.  When I switched to the beta version I tried importing my S4 sequences and everything and noticed what a hassle it was to correct the errors and decided to create from scratch and let me tell you it was well worth it.  Everything is clean and easier to work with.   This was my second year running my show with S5 and I would not go back to S4.

I pretty much have it all imported correctly. My main problem was that you are limited to 500 bulbs per string. I use a dummy channel to draw an outline around my props so I can see them.

The outline was way over 500 bulbs so I had to create 4 dummy channels total to outline all of my props. I do know that I do not like how the draw the props. The old school animation screen was a lot easier to use.

The channel conflicts where due to me having channels that where not assigned in the animation screen. It was a little misleading I must admit as it's not really a conflict. They just did not exist in my drawing but are active channels non the less.

I just upgraded to pro and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to apply a motion effect to my spinner.

I can get into the effect generator and test my prop there. I even save it but how do I apply it?

Edited by gsmith37064

Inside of the editor it says "shift a" to use the motion effect. All that does is apply a color fade. Is it a bug as I cannot apply my ripple effect?