Light-O-Rama Forums

Same motion effect, different results on similar props…

Jade Rymkos

Hi All:

I’m trying to get a better understanding of the following results.

Prop#1:  Spokes prop using one of the built-in shapes.  This prop is configured with 12 spokes and 4 RGB nodes per spoke.

Prop#2:  Boscoyo Med Spinner prop (Boscoyo DayCor Pixel Spinner 15”, downloaded using the Boscoyo Studio (online) method).  After downloading the prop, I went back and deleted some of the nodes to match the layout of Prop#1 and then renumbered the nodes.

Motion Effect:  Bars motion effect in the right direction.

Results:  Prop#1 spokes spin in a clockwise direction.  On Prop#2, vertical lines move to the right.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jade

2019_Spinner-Test.loredit

Edited by Jade Rymkos

How do you have the prop setup in the preview, Are both setup up as the same stack? If not the motion effects will respond differently.

SPaschall

1 hour ago, SPaschall said:

How do you have the prop setup in the preview, Are both setup up as the same stack? If not the motion effects will respond differently.

SPaschall

I suspected that had something to do with my issues.  I didn't have the props in a preview group.  I had added the effect right to the prop and I guess the default arrangement/stack for that prop was used.  Once I created a new group with the prop in it I was able to adjust the arrangement/stack and change how the effect is displayed.

Thanks!!!