Light-O-Rama Forums

Show ends this weekend. =(

Jaynee

We were going to wait and shut down our show on January 1, but the weather guys are calling for 10 days of rain with the only break being this Saturday.  So we're going to break everything down on Saturday.  It's just a few days early, but it's still sad that it has to come to an end.

We had a good year - no vandalism to our display (a change of pace for us - I guess the kids in our neighborhood are finally growing up), and even with the copious amounts of rain we got, we had almost no issues with lights going out.  On the repair side, I have one window wreath that needs new lights put on it once it comes down.  But that's it - we had NO major issues to contend with this year!

My boss came by the house over the weekend and really enjoyed walking around the yard seeing how everything was put together and the massive number of extension cords running into the garage. *lol*  

All in all it was a successful season and I'm looking forward to beginning work on 2019.  We're going to make some mini-trees this year (I already have the lights and tomato cages), and I also hope to add at least two singing faces for 2019.

I usually wait until the weekend after New Years to start tearing down, and from what I can tell the weather should be OK to wait until Jan 5/6.  We'll have some rain today and tomorrow, and a day of possible snow flurries next week, but nothing major that would cause me to start tearing down early.

Last night was the final night that I'll use the outdoor speaker.  I'm bringing that back inside today.  But I'll continue to run the show from 4:15 - midnight until Fri Jan 4.

Thinking of adding 1 or 2 candy cane spinners and a mega tree next year.

• The topic was locked