Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing Pixel Strand Length

{Bryce}

I have been working with RGB Smart Ribbons a lot recently, but I have to use the square pixels (12V-BLK-SQUARE-50)

Can I cut and shorten the strand of lights and what is the best method to make the strand terminate early?

Can I extend the strand from 50 pixels to...let's say... 75 pixels? And again, what is the best way to do that?

Edited by {Bryce}

1 hour ago, {Bryce} said:

I have been working with RGB Smart Ribbons a lot recently, but I have to use the square pixels (12V-BLK-SQUARE-50)

Can I cut and shorten the strand of lights and what is the best method to make the strand terminate early?

Can I extend the strand from 50 pixels to...let's say... 75 pixels? And again, what is the best way to do that?

Just cut off the excess. I use 3M 4200 or 5200 marine grade silicone to cover the ends but some folks do not use anything. To extend you just connect them together. They have a male and female end.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Some may have a male and female end if they have connectors. Many strings don't have connectors and just bare ends so keep in mind that pixels have a direction of flow for the data. If you look very closely on the board in the pixel they will have an arrow showing the direction of flow.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Some may have a male and female end if they have connectors. Many strings don't have connectors and just bare ends so keep in mind that pixels have a direction of flow for the data. If you look very closely on the board in the pixel they will have an arrow showing the direction of flow.

I probably should have been more clear - in his reference , they are LOR strings and have the connectors on each end.

But yes, the ones we get from various vendors may or may not have the connector.

JR

• The topic was locked