Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to get a dumb RGB SPOT

TheDucks

I have a prop that I want to put a (10/20W 12V) SPOT LIGHT on, the LOR floods are just too wide a spread.

The problem I see, is all the ones I am finding online have controllers built in.   I really don't want to dissect to rewire, then worry I got the weather proofing intact.. Since I only want 1 or 2, I think China (Ray) is out.

Ideas? LOR (I can't be  the only one that wants to hit s tight spot)?

21 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I have a prop that I want to put a (10/20W 12V) SPOT LIGHT on, the LOR floods are just too wide a spread.

The problem I see, is all the ones I am finding online have controllers built in.   I really don't want to dissect to rewire, then worry I got the weather proofing intact.. Since I only want 1 or 2, I think China (Ray) is out.

Ideas? LOR (I can't be  the only one that wants to hit s tight spot)?

Whys it have to be dumb rgb? You can buy the garden spots from wally world and get several colors. 

I was lucky - I paid .75 each for a $14.99 spot at Home Depot a few years back. Purchased the entire pallet of the solid colors, left only the multi. They were the best bang for the buck ever and are still used. I added the 3- 50 watt CF50's this year and will be adding a few more of those in 2019 for a special look.

JR

JR I have the 10W floods (currently using where I want a Spot). They splash light over to much area.  10W would probably be enough, If I had to use Bar Doors, I would defiantly need 20W to get the brightness where I want.

(Specific use: American and Navy flags for National Holidays, Wind socks and hanging Skeletons for other seasons)

I could go with a Monochrome garden spot, but I have this (dumb) RGB controller and it is dirt simple to program.

• The topic was locked