Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive Animations

kornerb

I have a 'normal' animation in my show, which just keeps on a basic set of white lights/icicles. When someone pushes the Christmas Magic button (a doorbell on a post) the show plays the next song sequence in the interactive portion of the show.

The problem I have is that sometimes during the song sequence, the animation will start up again. This kind of ruins the effect. Ideally, the show would go Normal->Song->Normal. 

I have tried making the animation extra long so that it doesn't restart during the middle of a song, but if I make it too long, the whole house is in 'black' for too long after the song.

Does anyone how to just 'pause' the animation during the interactive song sequence?

Using 4.3.26, not sure if a software update will help here.

Edited by kornerb

Yea, there is a way to do it.  I’m on my phone right now, but I’ll write up a how to when I get to a computer.

• 11 months later...

I was able to resolve this, here's how:

1. I created a 1min startup animation with just the 'pretty' white lights I want on when there is no show. 
  2. I put this into my 'startup' tab in show creator and made sure to uncheck the box that says 'turn off used lights ...' this keeps all those lights on until someone presses the button
  3. when someone pushes the button all these lights go off and the sound/show start
  4. at the end of each of my sequences I bring all the 'pretty lights' back up to full
  5. in the interactive tab in the show creator I made sure to uncheck the box that says 'turn off used lights ...' this keeps all those lights on until someone presses the button again 

also need to add:

6. create (or just use the startup animation again) a 1min shutdown animation with just the 'pretty' white lights

7. put this into my 'shutdown' tab in show creator and made sure to CHECK the box that says 'turn off used lights ...' this turns off all the lights at the end of the show schedule

• The topic was locked