Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC Ver 4.32 - Pricing

MikeERWNC

I have a few older CTB16PC Ver 4.32 which I have retired or I am going to retire this year. 

I have just the boards. I reused the boxes with new boards.

I think I have three left. What would be a good starting point on eBay? I sold some last year on eBay complete for 200.00 shipped each.

The new boards are 115.00 during the spring sale. I was thinking of listing all of them with a starting price of 100.00. One has a bad RJ45.

Does that seem outrageous for 7-10 year old boards?

1 hour ago, MikeERWNC said:

I have a few older CTB16PC Ver 4.32 which I have retired or I am going to retire this year. 

I have just the boards. I reused the boxes with new boards.

I think I have three left. What would be a good starting point on eBay? I sold some last year on eBay complete for 200.00 shipped each.

The new boards are 115.00 during the spring sale. I was thinking of listing all of them with a starting price of 100.00. One has a bad RJ45.

Does that seem outrageous for 7-10 year old boards?

As Don stated, you can sell them for any price on E-Bay.   

I check E-Bay from time to time and I find things on there for my display I may want or have bought local from a retail store.  Example I purchased a Blow Mold Ghost holding a Jack-O'Lantern one year for Halloween, paid $19.99 for it at K-Mart locally, found the same exact item on E-Bay, listed as a "vintage piece or older blow mold" {it wasn't, it was a brand new item the year I purchased it}, and they had it for sale on E-Bay at $129.99.  And folks were bidding on it for that price!  As P.T. Barnum once stated, "There is a sucker born every minute!"

But pricing IS the sellers option if folks think it's too high they won't touch{bid on} it, however, there are more folks out there that will, because they either don't know they can get it for less, or they really just don't care what they pay for something, as long as they can get it WITHOUT leaving their computer chair! LOL

BTW: I think since they sold for $115 for brand new units, older ones like that I'd think folks would maybe go $50, possibly $75 for them, the one with the bad RJ45, depends if it's an easy fix, jack just needs re-soldered to the board, or bent pins in the jack need straightening, but if it requires a completely new part be installed, if it were me, that board would  go from $25, to possibly $50 depending on what would be required to repair it.

Edited by Orville

I think I will just throw them out there for 100.00 and see where they land.

The one with bad RJ45, I just use it at the end of a network cable run as the last box in that section. The other side works fine.

I still have one running my white side of MERRY CHISTMAS without missing a beat. Those were solid boards. I just like running new stuff.

• The topic was locked