Jump to content

Where is everyone one from???


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm very interested in this.  I'm from WNY, I'm curious to see if anyone from the snowy states runs a show.  If you have a video to your show I would love to see it as well.

Thanks,

AJ

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there are lots of people who have snow on their shows - I'm NOT one of them.  It will be over 75 here tomorrow with severe shine...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we don't have the white snow here in Florida for the winter, but we do have that clear snowfall, we call it "Florida Liquid Snow" that makes nice mud pies, puddles and slippery roads {Florida ice} because of the road material used here. 

But this Florida Liquid Snow just doesn't work at all for making liquid snow-people.😛🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am originally from the Southern Tier , Corning area. Left home 38 or so years ago only to return to retire from Fort Drum where snow is measure in feet per hour at times.

I'd rather have snow than the ungodly amount of rain we have had since Halloween. Weve been drying out for 3 straight days but it is fixing to dump on us again.

Most of us have our location under our user name.

Great bunch of guys above.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I am originally from the Southern Tier , Corning area. Left home 38 or so years ago only to return to retire from Fort Drum where snow is measure in feet per hour at times.

I'd rather have snow than the ungodly amount of rain we have had since Halloween. Weve been drying out for 3 straight days but it is fixing to dump on us again.

Most of us have our location under our user name.

Great bunch of guys above.

JR

Yep, just got word we're going to have that Florida Liquid Snowfall from Wednesday Night through Friday evening in my area too.  And it's going to get really torrential at times.  And that it's going to get really cold Friday during and after the rain.  Where's the "shiver" emoji?  Guess this one: :ph34r: will have to do.🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just moved to Virginia from Southern California and they say it's rare to have a white Christmas here (most of the snow happens in January and after); however, we had snow two weeks ago.  I didn't really run my show during that because my GFCI's kept tripping offline but once it all melted, I was able to get outside and try to "water proof" some of my connections.  

 

Carl

Link to post
Share on other sites

I move to Grand Island, NY from Orlando, FL last year (big change I know).  We just got a house last year. I was always fascinated with these lights I see on YouTube. So here I am doing some research. 😁 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aja1216 said:

I move to Grand Island, NY from Orlando, FL last year (big change I know).  We just got a house last year. I was always fascinated with these lights I see on YouTube. So here I am doing some research. 😁 

I moved FROM WNY to FL.  The people are nice.  The food is great.  The weather SUCKS.  

Oh, and get used to the smell of Skunk in spring/fall and the Sand Flies in the summer (you thought Love Bugs were bad :P) :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ (as a child) -> various parts of California (50+Y) with a brief Duty Station in Norfolk, VA (the others were in Ca)

BUT over my lifetime, I have been on the ground in ALL 50 states, 4 provinces in Canada, and a bunch of European, and SE Asia courtesy of the Uncle

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, aja1216 said:

Hello,

I'm very interested in this.  I'm from WNY, I'm curious to see if anyone from the snowy states runs a show.  If you have a video to your show I would love to see it as well.

Thanks,

AJ

Minnesota here and it definitely snows!

You can see videos from prior years on my YouTube channel: 8400 Lights 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DevMike said:

I moved FROM WNY to FL.  The people are nice.  The food is great.  The weather SUCKS.  

Oh, and get used to the smell of Skunk in spring/fall and the Sand Flies in the summer (you thought Love Bugs were bad :P) :)

Long Island, NY to FL.   The weather is certainly sucky this past week...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...