Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on at the end of a show

Soupy8728

Is there a way to just have your lights stay on after the show ends?  My show is set to stop at 11:00 pm but I'd like to just leave the lights on after that without any music.  I don't have anything advanced, just some LED light strings and some incandescent light strings.  Thanks in advance from the newb.

Carl

Yes.  In you last sequence that plays (normally a shutdown sequence), leave whatever lights you want left on, in the condition that you want them.  Those lights MUST be on in the very last timing grid of the sequence. In the Show Editor do NOT check the option to turn off the lights at the end of each sequence.

Since you only have a Basic Plus license you don't get the option of a shutdown sequence. I would recommend a long animation sequence for the time period that you want the lights on. You would also have to start that sequence manually since your current show probably repeats.

If you upgrade to a Standard license you will get the options of startup and shutdown sequences which would make things easier.

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Since you only have a Basic Plus license you don't get the option of a shutdown sequence. I would recommend a long animation sequence for the time period that you want the lights on. You would also have to start that sequence manually since your current show probably repeats.

If you upgrade to a Standard license you will get the options of startup and shutdown sequences which would make things easier.

Actually I have an Advanced license but it didn't update in my profile when I edited it for some reason.  Thanks!  Merry Christmas!

53 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes.  In you last sequence that plays (normally a shutdown sequence), leave whatever lights you want left on, in the condition that you want them.  Those lights MUST be on in the very last timing grid of the sequence. In the Show Editor do NOT check the option to turn off the lights at the end of each sequence.

Ok I did that.  Now how do I get them to turn off at say 5AM?  Thanks for the help!

Write a few second long animation that starts with those channels in whatever state you left than and then fades them down.  Add that sequence to a new show in either the startup or shutdown tab (so it only plays once), and schedule that show for whatever shutdown time that you want.

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Write a few second long animation that starts with those channels in whatever state you left than and then fades them down.  Add that sequence to a new show in either the startup or shutdown tab (so it only plays once), and schedule that show for whatever shutdown time that you want.

Great!  Thanks for the help.  I'll test it out this evening.  Merry Christmas!

I have two shows on my schedule:

1. The main show from 6-10pm

2. A lights-only animation show from 10pm until 1am. 

My home automation system turns on power to the controllers at 5:59pm and off at 1:01 am.   It also turns off the outside stereo (but leave the FM transmitter on) at 10:05 pm. 

It sounded from your post like you wanted something similar?

1 minute ago, jtomason said:

I have two shows on my schedule:

1. The main show from 6-10pm

2. A lights-only animation show from 10pm until 1am. 

My home automation system turns on power to the controllers at 5:59pm and off at 1:01 am.   It also turns off the outside stereo (but leave the FM transmitter on) at 10:05 pm. 

It sounded from your post like you wanted something similar?

My show runs from 4:30 to 11:00 PM. I just want my lights to stay on from 11:00 to 5:00 AM and then shut off for the day.  Most people in my neighborhood leave their lights on all night.  I only use a FM transmitter so no speakers.  I think with the help above I have it worked out.  I’ll test and see tonight.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, k6ccc said:

This worked perfectly.  Thank you very much for your help!  Merry Christmas!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, k6ccc said:

I just noticed that this only worked one time.  My lights at the end of the show do not stay on like I wanted them to.  I created the shutdown sequence as described above but it only worked that first night.  Any ideas why this would be?  I'm completely stumped on this as it should be working.  Thanks!

Have you updated the show in all of the days of the week or just one? This could cause a similar problem. It could also be that you didn't add a shutdown sequence every day. That is my best guess at the solution. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, {Bryce} said:

Have you updated the show in all of the days of the week or just one? This could cause a similar problem. It could also be that you didn't add a shutdown sequence every day. That is my best guess at the solution. Hope this helps.

I created a new show that included the shutdown sequence and then deleted the old schedule and added the new show to each day of the week.   What do you mean “add a shutdown sequence every day”?  Wouldn’t that be part of the new show I created?  Thanks. 

It seems to have fixed itself as everything worked like it was supposed to last night.  I'll check again tonight and see.  Thanks for the inputs.