Light-O-Rama Forums

Guest comments which crack me up

ItsMeBobO

This week I had THREE geniuses in two days who somehow guessed there is a computer involved in running the show!     I must try very hard to act like they are wise while secretly thinking other thoughts! 

• Like 3

I’ve had people this year asking:

1. How I got the radio station to allow me to rebroadcast their music.

2. How the lights know how to sync to the songs on the radio station.

3. If I work FOR the radio station.

• Like 1

When I was doing a display at the house I had chosen the frequency 107.3.
However for decades (until the last 5 years or so) 103.7 was "THE Christmas Station" around here. I had more than one person asking me how I got that particular station (who at the time was a rating juggernaut at Christmas) to sync with my lights.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

This week I had THREE geniuses in two days who somehow guessed there is a computer involved in running the show!     I must try very hard to act like they are wise while secretly thinking other thoughts! 

you didn't have the heart to tell them it was elves?

I had a couple ask me a few days ago how I got the candy canes to spin without tearing the cords out. I told them I bought them that way. They said they will come back during the day to see what I am using.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am hijacking my own thread here.       Last night there were two cars who left trash on the street.    I don't know their names,  but I remember speaking to both of them.    One discarded a cigarette box and the other a large milk shake which ran down the street.   I just cant figure people like this out.  

There is a static display with a lot of random flashing lights about 4 houses down from me. One person after looking down the street for a few minutes, asked me how I got them in sync with mine.

Made me wonder " why do I bother".

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I am hijacking my own thread here.       Last night there were two cars who left trash on the street.    I don't know their names,  but I remember speaking to both of them.    One discarded a cigarette box and the other a large milk shake which ran down the street.   I just cant figure people like this out.  

Scum buckets shouldn’t be allowed to drive. 

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

There is a static display with a lot of random flashing lights about 4 houses down from me. One person after looking down the street for a few minutes, asked me how I got them in sync with mine.

Made me wonder " why do I bother".

That stinks. 

Next time tell them it’s your flux capacitor that’s over-amping a bit. 

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:58 AM, a31ford said:

LMAO !!!

AGREED! Funny stuff. 

On 12/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, zooo said:

I was asked, "Where do you buy the lights that do that?"

24 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Years ago I happened to be watching the camera, only one car out in front. I hear a plastic bottle hit the street. (Baby monitors pick up everything!)

I went out side and picked up the bottle. As I handed it back to them I said, "You dropped this." Turned around and went back in the house. They were, uh, a bit surprised about that one.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Don't feel bad, two nights ago I had to pick up a used diaper. Someone changed a baby in the car and threw the diaper in my neighbors front yard.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Don't feel bad, two nights ago I had to pick up a used diaper. Someone changed a baby in the car and threw the diaper in my neighbors front yard.  

Ding, Ding.

We Have A WInner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Good grief!

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I am speechless.    

When the show ends every night at 10pm I always walk the street and my neighbors yards to check for trash. The diaper was the worst, I will sometimes find Burger King bags and cups, soda cans or beer bottles. Some people are just so inconsiderate. Last night I walked out to politely ask a car to move who was blocking my neighbors driveway. Well when that car moved the car that was behind them immediately pulled up exactly in the same spot with me standing there. I just threw my arms up and yelled "REALLY, YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GONNA GO THERE."

Diapers are actually common here... Sadly not just at Christmas. We walk the sides of the road picking up trash often.

Last night was the best. 

Two friends decided to watch the show together. One parked his massive diesel truck on the side of the road, the other parked his massive diesel truck in the road.

Yep -no one could see past them to see the show. That was a minor issue for the twenty cars backed up trying get by.

I ask them to leave and they did. Well the fifth or sixth car was an old guy who was really pissed and he started yelling at me that he called the highway patrol...blah, blah, blah... I don't know him and I think go F yourself.

My wife walks over and looks into the car, "oh Hi! how have you been?" She knows the mans wife. They used to work at the same school together. He is still B-hing as he drives off.

Wife says to me he is a local preacher... UGH! Figures the worst thing about living here are all the churches and he hypocrites who attend these churches. They really give Christianity an bad name.

Well twenty minutes later, I see a deputy back in to their usual spot on the monitor. So I grab a Mexi-Coke and walk out to talk to him.

I guess said preacher went off on the dispatcher... When I said who it was the deputy just shook his head in agreement.

I handed him a Mexi-Coke, then thanked him for coming by and he hung out at the show for a while and all my traffic issues never reoccurred.

• The topic was locked