Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor

Paul Moore

Hoping someone can guide me with my show editor... 

This is my 1st year so I'm climbing that ladder still. So I have a simple show which consists of a Start Up Sequence, about 50 seconds long and this is in the Startup Tab.

It then moves onto the musical tab of which I have only 5 Sequences. Everything runs how I planned it so far. My show begins everyday at 5pm and ends at midnight. Now as you can see, I only have 5 sequences in my show which will keep cycling through until the shutdown. Is there a way I can get the software to run through the musical once or maybe twice and then leave the lights on static until the planned end time ? I was thinking of adding a "silent" track into the musical section but when I make such a file on audiocity its a massive file size for the hours I would need.

Anybody have any ideas ? Maybe I need to be more clever with the scheduler ?

Thanks,

Paul

14 minutes ago, Paul Moore said:

Hoping someone can guide me with my show editor... 

This is my 1st year so I'm climbing that ladder still. So I have a simple show which consists of a Start Up Sequence, about 50 seconds long and this is in the Startup Tab.

It then moves onto the musical tab of which I have only 5 Sequences. Everything runs how I planned it so far. My show begins everyday at 5pm and ends at midnight. Now as you can see, I only have 5 sequences in my show which will keep cycling through until the shutdown. Is there a way I can get the software to run through the musical once or maybe twice and then leave the lights on static until the planned end time ? I was thinking of adding a "silent" track into the musical section but when I make such a file on audiocity its a massive file size for the hours I would need.

Anybody have any ideas ? Maybe I need to be more clever with the scheduler ?

Thanks,

Paul

I see you're using S5, so this may be slightly different than S4, but should be fairly close to the same method as described below.

Create an Animation file, then place it after your 5th sequence in the musical tab.  More on how to do this in a moment.. 

Create the Animation file for as long or as short as you want the lights to be on static, 40 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. 

Once you have the Animation File created go into Show Editor, click on the Musical tab, you should see your 5 musical show sequences, click the + sign to the right, at the bottom left hand side is a window, it will be defaulted at Musical Sequence, select the little arrow to the right of the this box, select Animation File, browse to the animation file you created and add it in under the last musical sequence.

Or you can break it up by adding it after the 2nd musical sequence {using the up arrow}, then use the + {remember to change to Animation Sequence} to add the same animation sequence again after the 5th one.  But this is only if you wanted the animation sequence to be between any of the musical sequences.  

If you want them to play through twice, add the same 5 musical sequences again under the existing 5, then add the animation file as described above after the last musical sequence, now 2 shows will play, then the animation sequence, then it will loop until your end time comes.

You'll have to create a brand new playback list for the changes to take effect in S5.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Paul Moore said:

It then moves onto the musical tab of which I have only 5 Sequences. Everything runs how I planned it so far. My show begins everyday at 5pm and ends at midnight. Now as you can see, I only have 5 sequences in my show which will keep cycling through until the shutdown. Is there a way I can get the software to run through the musical once or maybe twice and then leave the lights on static until the planned end time ?

You got a couple examples of how to do this, but I have to ask the question:  why do you want your show to only run twice and then be static from about 5:30 until midnight?

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

You got a couple examples of how to do this, but I have to ask the question:  why do you want your show to only run twice and then be static from about 5:30 until midnight?

I had given the answer I did because I thought the OP was wanting to run the show and have static lights between the shows.  Didn't realize they wanted to run the show once or twice, then go static until their end time is reached.  

If that's what they really want to do, then Don's example is best suited for that using the Schedule Editor info in the link he provided.