Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16D

Chino Lights

I have S5 Pro and when watching the Superstar tutorial for pixie 16d it shows that the user selects Aux A for her pixie tree with no port assigned.

My tree doesn't play when I do that. However when I set it to the comport that I am using and set it to regular rather than aux a it does work (justbthe tree).

Is the simple fix to run my pixie tree off of a separate comport compared to my other lights on my old controllers?

Basically my Pixie16D doesnt seem to work with my other controllers.

I followed all of the steps on the video.

With your Standard license level, you can't run multiple data networks, so using AuxA is not an option for you.  Also, the Standard license level only allows 8 unit IDs - specifically Unit ID 01 - 08.  The Pixie 16D controller itself takes 16 Unit IDs.  Oops, I see you say that you have a Pro level license - please update your forum profile.  With the Pro level license of course you can run multiple networks and any Unit ID.

If you run multiple networks, you need to have multiple USB to RS-485 adapters and cabling to the controllers.  It sounds like you are running a single network.  What all controllers do you have, and how is the network configured?  Can you see all the controllers when using the Hardware Utility?  I have read both of your recent posts and trying to sort it out.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chino Lights said:

I have S5 Pro and when watching the Superstar tutorial for pixie 16d it shows that the user selects Aux A for her pixie tree with no port assigned.

My tree doesn't play when I do that. However when I set it to the comport that I am using and set it to regular rather than aux a it does work (justbthe tree).

Is the simple fix to run my pixie tree off of a separate comport compared to my other lights on my old controllers?

Basically my Pixie16D doesnt seem to work with my other controllers.

I followed all of the steps on the video.

If you don't have a ton of controllers keep it simple - 1 Network will be plenty.

Also if any of your "old controllers" are gen1 or 2 they will not work with a pixie controller no matter what you do. In that case one of them would have to be on aux A.

I have not seen a SS video instructing anyone to initially configure their pixie controllers as an Aux network. Please share that link.

JR

• Thanks 1

Thank you the issue has been resolved. My controllers are pre gen 3 so I ran a separate comport to the pixie tree which worked. Everything is up and running. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Chino Lights said:

Thank you the issue has been resolved. My controllers are pre gen 3 so I ran a separate comport to the pixie tree which worked. Everything is up and running. Thank you.

Glad you got it all working.  However please do update your forum profile to reflect your actual license level.  It will avoid confusion when people try to help you...