Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Keeps Crashing

Raine

After opening the visualizer and selecting a new file, I put in the picture and save as "2019 Visualizer" and the visualizer just shuts down. I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled to no avail. Any troubleshooting tips? Thank you! Raine

Check the size of the picture, The max simulation size is 2500 x 2500 . Try reducing the picture to 2500 or less. You may want to make fit your screen size anyway.

Another possibility might be a video driver update. Visualizer sometimes has issues with older versions of Open GL drivers.

If that doesn't work, try deselecting advanced rendering in the comm ref tab of file/options. If it isn't selected, try it.

Final thought, try reinstalling your current S4 software version, or perhaps the latest 4.4.2 if your license allows 

Edited by PhilMassey

Thanks Phil,

I did resize the photo down and deselect the advanced rendering. Still crashes. The laptop is brand new, so I can't imagine the drivers are old. Any other tips?

Can't hurt to check the graphics drivers. Check on the laptop manufacturer’s website.

Try the S4 repair option in the installer., Always backup your data first, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hile Lights said:

I’m having the same issue as well. 

5.0 - No Visualizer as we are discussing here. Yours is called "preview" I believe.

JR

All S4 or below users, click on the control panel and ensure your "Use LOR Visualizer" is checked. Also in SE go to "play" and ensure your "control visualizer" is also checked.

JR

• 10 months later...

Anyone above still having problems in S4 Visualizer.

If you can open the vis and keep it open

Go to "file"

"Options"

"Com/ Ref"

Read the Advanced Rendering statement at the bottom. Try unchecking or checking that box. FWIW- mine has always been checked and I have no vis problems

JR

12 hours ago, dragracer57 said:

I'm having the same issue.  Were you ever able to resolve this?

Please read my below statement

JR

I  have the same issue too!  Reset all graphics drivers but still crashes my machine...I have to start and hit F12 on boot sequence and run a quick diagnostics and exit out after a few minutes then it seems to work sometimes...JR i'll try your note!  Hopefully it will resolve it! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, edpete97 said:

I was able to solve the issue by adding a permissions group called "Everyone" to the Visualizations folder and giving it full permissions. 

Can you elaborate what you mean by adding a folder somewhere and permission group?  I'm having this issue on S4 right now.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I was having the same issue and I believe I found the solution. In your LOR Library, there is a folder called Visualizations. Create a sub-folder in Visualizations called 'System'. This worked for me. Evidently, the visualizer checks for a file named 'errorlog.txt' in the 'System' sub-folder, but since that folder does not exist, it crashes. The errorlog file does not need to exist -- just the System folder.

Edited by beatnavy77