Light-O-Rama Forums

My lights don't work, help !!!

szq1120

I bought my LOR in 2014 but didn't open the box until this year. I figured out how to make sequences to music, connected the controller to the computer, worked like a charm. Downloaded music show onto sd card and hooked up the controllers, it plays about 8 seconds of each song.  Now it's 10 days till Christmas and I sit here in a puddle of tears because I can't figure this out. I have times in my show scheduler and it won't let me change them and it gives directions to go to the LOR control panel to enable shows and there are no options in my control panel.  Any ideas ???

Are you right clicking on the red CP lightbulb in the sys tray. You should get a long menu list of options including enable schedule. Left click just gives you the status window.

Once you enable schedule the lightbulb should turn blue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Confirm, are you trying to run your show from a computer or a Director?

Ah, missed the sd card bit.

BTW szw, THANK YOU for updating your forum profile with your license level and software version.  It makes it MUCH easier to help you because our answers often depend on that information.

• Like 1

I have the show on my pc and I downloaded it to an SD card. Either way, it wouldn't let me enable show. I put the SD card into the director and it wold play eacg song for about 8 seconds. It won't lay the entire song. When I hook the controller to my computer and attach light strings, it plays the sequences just fine. But it won't play the Music show.

If you purchased everything in 2014, then I would be curious as to the exact hardware you have.

You say SD card and director.

Which director?

• Mini-Director?
    • Regular or G3
  • Showtime Director?
    • Digital readout? (Meaning G3) or older without the readout.

I would suggest using the Hardware Utility to create your SD card right now. The HUB is still has a few glitches in it that need to be resolved. The HWU would be the better way to go. You might start with just one song on there and see what happens.

i just spent a little over an hour and a half on the phone with her and she is now working.  She also learned a LOT!

At the moment, she is working via a computer, not using the Director as I have never used one so I can't do diddly to help there.  However I was able to get her sequences to light up via a computer.  She has 16 channel AC controller that has G3 director built in.  From what I could tell, she was trying to use Hub.  I walked her through the Show Editor, and the Schedule Editor (in excruciating detail).  Then all the items in the Control Panel and Status display.  When I had her enable the schedule and the light bulb turned blue, she got really excited.  Because it was well past the end of her show, of course nothing was playing, but the Status panel was displaying what it should.  Then had her start a Show on Demand and I think she was in tears when the show started playing.

Someone who is familiar with the Director will want to help her with that part, but she is perfectly happy to have the show running from a computer for now.

• Like 1

Older DC-MP3 Directors I can help with, G3 don't have one, would like to get one though.   So can't help with that one.

But really happy you got her display up and running Jim.  At least for now she CAN run her show and have things working.

And that's what this forum is all about! :D

And as the above poster stated, we all love a happy ending when things work out for those we try to help out on here.

Glad Jim was able to help you get up and running.

If you get to the point you want to work with your sd card again - I have some questions......  How'd you setup the sd card & what brand? - further :

When you say downloaded to sd card - are you truly downloading as in copying to? If so, the mp3 readers won't read it correctly. You need to use the simple show builder. If that's what you are doing - then the problem is most likely with the sd card itself. I fought that one year - if I held my finger on it - it would work. No pressure - just touching it. Didn't want to stand there all night every night, so remade the show onto a Kingston brand sd card. Bamm - works perfect every time. Doesn't make sense I know. But LOR recommends it and we've had numerous threads on the subject here in the forums. Just double check it to be sure.