Light-O-Rama Forums

Between Shows

Panteradon

Panteradon wrote:

I have a 20 minute show. How do I turn the lights on steady between shows. I will probably run the show thrr times per night.

Don

Just my 2 cents, but if you have a 20 minute show you might want to run it more than 3 times a night. I would run twice an hour. On the hour, and half hour. That gives more people a chance to enjoy it without having to wait 40 minutes till the show starts again. Plus, you might have a pile up of cars when the show starts. Might be better to spread the traffic out a bit over the evening.

Scott

Thanks for the input guys. I may scheduel more than once per hour. I just put together the show for the first time.

I am adding the pause with lights on for 30 seconds and a 10 secod fade between animations. I think that makes the whole show look better.

I appreciate the help.

Don

Don, I agree with Scott somewhat. I too was thinking that I would run shows twice an hour. However you will find folks will want to stick around to catch the show mulitple time. Waiting is tough. Now if you are trying to control traffic or something on the nature of a Holdman or Slack display, planning times helps.

I ran my show continuously all night and that worked best for me and my visitors because my house can have multiple viewing angles, so they would watch in different areas. My dos centavos.

Guest wbottomley

zman wrote:

I ran my show continuously all night and that worked best for me and my visitors because my house can have multiple viewing angles, so they would watch in different areas. My dos centavos.

I do the same thing.

When my show comes on at 6pm, it doesn't stop until 11pm. Visitors come and go all night. Some may stay for 10 minutes others may stay 2 hours.

That's the reason I run non-stop.

Scott has a good point. Run shows closer together.

We have a 25 minute show that is followed by a 5 minute pause. The pause is a separate sequence that runs in the scheduler. We have announcements during some of that 5 minute window while the lights slowly fade from off to about 30% in various patterns. It is just to keep the interest going.

Personally, we like to keep the light low instead of bright to save energy, but also to not give away where all of the effects are located and what they contain. I want that surprise to come during the show, not between it as they drive up.