Light-O-Rama Forums

NEEDED 16-Channel Non-Pixel Sequences

martsycart

Wondering if anyone has some 16-channel non-pixel sequences to share. 

Here is my small collection so far: (Link removed by admin. Can't share audio)

Don’t limit yourself to 16 channel sequences.

Take any and all channels you can get.

The chances of anyone having your exact layout is slim to none. That means you will need to copy paste from the donor to yours.

Taking what you can will also give you sequences for the time you expand- you will. We all did.

I have folders that I store stuff that I receive from others.

When I get ready to use a sequence I then move it to my production folder and eventually to the show ready folder

Happy Lighting

PS- if you can get pixel sequences do yourself a favor and grab them as well. For future use.

There are not many of us sharing and even a lower number sharing pixel stuff.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

12 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Don’t limit yourself to 16 channel sequences

I have been morphing other sequences with a large amount of channels into a 16-channel sequence. It would just be easier and quicker if anyone has 16-channel sequences they could share. It’s much easier to modify the channels on a 16 to work for my setup, versus having to copy and paste from someone’s 100+ channel sequence. 

And I totally save everything I get. I definitely plan on shifting to pixel lights in the future. Next year I plan on adding a mega tree, then maybe going to pixels the year after. I do intend to share any sequences I create, once they’re up to my standards and ready to be shared. 

I know everyone always upgrades. But for us newbs it would be nice to have some shared 16-channel sequences to help us get our feet wet. 

Had to look at profile to see what software version you have 4.4.36

How are you copy and pasting?

How are you comparing what you like with what has been donated?

I am asking this to see how you do it and see if I can provide you some insight.

JR

I have version 4.3.36. 

I'm not sure I understand your copy/paste question. I just copy/paste the way you would with any software. 

I typically import my channel config and play donated sequences with the Visualizer to see how they look. I'll try to find the channels that contain the beat and change unit & channel ID's to see how certain channels look when played in the Visualizer. 

7 hours ago, martsycart said:

I have version 4.3.36. 

I'm not sure I understand your copy/paste question. I just copy/paste the way you would with any software. 

I typically import my channel config and play donated sequences with the Visualizer to see how they look. I'll try to find the channels that contain the beat and change unit & channel ID's to see how certain channels look when played in the Visualizer. 

You answered it.

Instead if copy paste first, watch their sequence in the animator built in to SE. This allows you to see what props froM theirs may fit your taste.

Then copy that prop into your sequence and check with vis or better make your own animator. 

Vis is great- I love it for what I use it for.

But animator is even better.

To fund animator

Open a sequence/ view/ animation

When you open it with a sequence tht someone like myself or James shares you will see theirs layout. Hit the play button and watch.

You can draw your own in your sequence and export the channel config and it will always be there .

Hooefully this will help you a little.

Works pretty much like a vis but not as pixelated and dong have to opeN and close as often.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

37 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

watch their sequence in the animator

Just did this. It's like watching Galaga! Thanks for the tip, will definitely help.

19 minutes ago, martsycart said:

Just did this. It's like watching Galaga! Thanks for the tip, will definitely help.

Always a pleasure to assist where I can.

It works the same as vis- draw your display - in my case I use for faces only,

Assign the unit and channels per drawing

Touch screen computers are a killer for this 

JR

• The topic was locked