Light-O-Rama Forums

Help me out...

Ponddude

So what do you guys think of this. I sequenced this whole song tonight and when I was finished I don't really know if I should use it. It's Auld Lang Syne, but Kenny G's version with America's history in 4 minutes. I think it's a very powerful song, but at the same time I think it may be a little much for Christmas.

What do you guys think?

You can find it here...

http://www.freewebs.com/manorchristmas/downloads.htm

I hadn't heard that version ... but I've been sorting through my CDs looking for Auld Lang Syne for my own use ... lots of variety and interpretations to be sure - I have the Mannheim Steamroller, Drifters, Guy Lombardo, and Barenaked Ladies options in hand - and I think there were others which I had already discarded.

After listening to all several times I decided on the Barenaked Ladies because it's very traditional, mostly true to the original poem of 200+ years ago, the vocal strong and clear, without a lot of additional stuff to distract from the simple idea of "the good old days".

While the kennyg version is quite powerful, I thought all the historical add-ons overshadowed the genuine simplicity and heartfelt warmth of the original.

You'll have to decide how it fits with your display and the overall theme / program. I thought the sequencing was great (even with my channel configuration overlaid).

Thanks Rick...there are some really kind words in there.

The sequencing was done so that it is simple and the real focus is on the song, not the lights. I really like the sequencing which is making it difficult to decide.

I also have the Barenaked Ladies version of the song and love it, but I thought sequencing would be a little difficult. I also like their God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Hanukkah Blessing songs. They are very interesting arrangements and I think would be fun.