Light-O-Rama Forums

audio hangs in sequence editor

robert cox

i just got ready to start sequencing on my new laptop, and low and behold, everytime i try to play the audio, it hangs for about 3 seconds before playing.

i am running windows vista with a duo processor and 2 gb of ram

lor version 2.0.16

i have tried the same audio file as an mp3 or wav with no change. i have tried other files and get the same result.

it hangs at exactly 3.00 tenghts of a second and at 3.60 before playing, i have tried starting in the middle of the sequence and it is the same

i have also opened up a previously created sequence made last year and the same thing happens

any ideas

bob

Bob,

When you say it hangs, is everything hanging or does the music start and the grid hangs or the grid moves and the audio hangs?

Dan

Hi, its a bug LOR2, when the mp3 file its very heavy

I make the solution down the file music bitrate since 224 kbps to 56 kbps and make a copy the original mp3 file to use later, cause the quality sound go down

I work with MP3 56kbps perfectely all the sequence build , a t the end just change the mp3 file to the original and to have a good sound.

sorry, My english is no so good...

I hope that can help U

I used MPWorkshop to do mp3 conversion.

Attached files 156582=9069-lor_48_lightgray_red.gif

I had this issue a few days ago with a 224 song, I had to dumb it down to 128 and it worked perfect, It doesn't hang in wmp11 at all.

I would click play and sometimes it would work fine others it would start playing the sequence, and no music until about 3 seconds later.

(I am using windows vista)

Ive assumed ill use the low quality song, until the last moment and then ill throw int he high quality one for my show.

bob wrote:

Yes please. It sounds like it's probably something going wrong specific to your computer, but I just want to make sure.

I get the same issue on my computer simply because of the amount of stuff I have running in the background. (My PC, not LOR issue)

I chalk it all up to LOR initializing.

Once I transfer all my sequences to my other computer in the garage that actually runs the show, it works fine. I have no background items running on that one other than the bare bottom essentials for Windows and LOR.

I think Bob is right on this one.

yeah that is what i was thinking, the only problem, is i was hoping to do some sequencing on this computer, and that delay is making it almost impossible.

i guess will hit the task manager and shutdown unnecessary processes to see if that helps

bob