Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter-Sound Not Good

Livestrong5150

Got my show up and running and was curious on the FM transmitter. The clarity just isn't there and not sure if its getting line feed from the lights or what? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I went through the same issue with the standard transmitter. I upgraded to a higher level transmitter.

Edited by BCBjorklund

If you are running the show from a computer - turn the computer volume down. Not all the way down.

You didn't provide a lot of info.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Is the poor quality from a car radio or from a personal radio?   I have good car radio auality but have been struggling with peronal radio when I go out and try and enjoy the display for a few song at a time. 

Did add a J antenae last year whcih improved the quality.  Did notice that the rear (desktop) audio output jack would cause soulnd issue an I twist/shook the jack plug.  Just dawn on me that I also had an front headphone jack so plugged the transmitter in it and should quality on the personal radios improved greatly.  It appears it now has a much tighter  plug connection.   

I use a Vast FM transmitter that plugs in via USB. I turn my computer volume almost all the way up and have good sound quality on car stereos and personal radios. 

Also, I get REALLY good range since upgrading the antenna.