Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences not playing correctly

jsmigelski

I made the switch from S4 to S5 this year plus added a 16 strand tree and Star.  I have 4 16 Channel residential controllers, a Pixie II for the star and a Pixie 16 for the tree. I have created a master preview that reflects  the proper Unit Id's. I have created new musical sequences using the Master preview, at that point I open a S4 sequence and cut and paste the each channel to the new sequence.  When I get to the Superstar Effect line I right click and choose the Superstar option and open the proper sequence and import it into the new S5 sequence.  The sequence plays properly in the preview.  I then create a Play file and use the hub to create the SD Card.  At this point is where I have the problem, the 16 strand tree and star work fine.  The traditional light kind of just do what they want.  Here is a list of the components.

G3 MP3 Director

4 - CTB16PC Controllers on the normal network

Unit ID 01 MC 1368C 1715 E329301 ver 2

Unit ID 02 MC 1368C 1515 E329301 ver 2

Unit ID 03 MC 1368C 1515 E329301 ver 2

Unit ID 04 MC 1368C 1316 E329301 ver 2

1 Pixie 16  controller on the normal network Starting Unit ID 05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14

1Pixie II controller on the normal network Starting Unit ID 15, 16

Attached is a network Map how I have them daisy chained

Any help would be greatly appreciated

LOR.jpg

1&2 Gen AC controllers will not comm with GEN3 controllers or the 500/ 1000K and ELOR speeds.. You need to add a network for those AC controllers.

That means another RS485 adapter.

Its easy to add networks.

JR

He's running on a director, not a PC.  With the number of channels involved, 500K Enhanced networking is going to be required for the Pixie controllers.  A second network will be needed for the version 2 controllers that is no higher than 115K and non-enhanced.  I don't use directors, but I recall the G3 is dual output, so this should only need another cable to put the older controllers on a slower network and then go into the Preview Editor and change the network designation for the Gen 2 controllers.

20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

He's running on a director, not a PC.  With the number of channels involved, 500K Enhanced networking is going to be required for the Pixie controllers.  A second network will be needed for the version 2 controllers that is no higher than 115K and non-enhanced.  I don't use directors, but I recall the G3 is dual output, so this should only need another cable to put the older controllers on a slower network and then go into the Preview Editor and change the network designation for the Gen 2 controllers.

Thanks for catching my error. 

You are correct about the G3.

JR

Thank you for the replies  The G3 has 3 outputs  two normal JR45 connections and 1 Aux RJ45 . ill move the traditional lights to the Aux a network with the 115K and non enhanced.  The only problem I for see is the Pixie II is 18 feet in the air and I hard set the dip switches :(  but I can live with that for the season  I will post a reply tomorrow with the results.  Thanks again

2 minutes ago, jsmigelski said:

Thank you for the replies  The G3 has 3 outputs  two normal JR45 connections and 1 Aux RJ45 . ill move the traditional lights to the Aux a network with the 115K and non enhanced.  The only problem I for see is the Pixie II is 18 feet in the air and I hard set the dip switches :(  but I can live with that for the season  I will post a reply tomorrow with the results.  Thanks again

That's why I recommend to everyone I help to turn off all dip switches and use HU to configure the pixies. you just never know.

JR

Update #1 No Joy, I went into the Hardware network con fig and set the Regular network to 57K Non enhanced and Aux a to 500K Enhanced  , then into S5 Preview and Traditional light controllers Unit 01 - 04 and all the traditional channels then set the Pixie Tree to Aux A Unit 01...... .Then I opened each sequence to ensure that the sequence had the changes, Saved the file and recreated the play file.  I noticed in the G3 MP3Director only Class 4 SD cards can be used so I ensured the SD card was a class 4, using the Hub application I added the updated sequences then used the advanced option to create the SD Card Checked the Box for SD Card is for Gen 3 and chose 2 ports next Step 5 the only block checked is Strip MP3 Header Info, Step 6 Director Port #1 57.gK (normal) checked the Output LOR Enhanced Step 5 Port #2  to 500K (Enhanced option is grayed out)  chose next to write to the card.  I think I got everything but another set of eyes would help.  Thanks is advance

1 hour ago, jsmigelski said:

Update #1 No Joy, I went into the Hardware network con fig and set the Regular network to 57K Non enhanced and Aux a to 500K Enhanced  , then into S5 Preview and Traditional light controllers Unit 01 - 04 and all the traditional channels then set the Pixie Tree to Aux A Unit 01...... .Then I opened each sequence to ensure that the sequence had the changes, Saved the file and recreated the play file.  I noticed in the G3 MP3Director only Class 4 SD cards can be used so I ensured the SD card was a class 4, using the Hub application I added the updated sequences then used the advanced option to create the SD Card Checked the Box for SD Card is for Gen 3 and chose 2 ports next Step 5 the only block checked is Strip MP3 Header Info, Step 6 Director Port #1 57.gK (normal) checked the Output LOR Enhanced Step 5 Port #2  to 500K (Enhanced option is grayed out)  chose next to write to the card.  I think I got everything but another set of eyes would help.  Thanks is advance

Whats the mfg of the SD card? If its not a Kingston do not be surprised if no lights. When you insert the card and the player light stays solid but no lights , more than likely its the card. 

No sure why the "enhanced for #2 would be greyed out unless it has to be #1. Can you look at #1 and see if it will allow the enhanced option? If it does be prepared to swap those around. I don't have a G3 so just a guess and check on knowledge for future ref.

Wishing you the best, I ont know S5 but all other settings seem good.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

JR, K6CCC

Thanks for your help, as it turned out I did have gen 3 controllers, I was reading the Ver 2 off the circuit board and not the firmware.  I found a support article that the Gen 3 controllers will handle 500K enhanced network if they have the latest firmware   so I check and  3 of the 4 controllers were 3 versions behind in the firmware.  So I update the three individually one version at a time, so all four are on the latest firmware version. Moved everything back to the Regular network 500K Enhanced.  Problem Solved, the sequences run as designed.

Thanks again, I Hope this help others with the same issue..