Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting S5 Sequence back to S4

hope4ia

Is this possible??  I downloaded S5 and updated and added to my previous sequences.  When I couldn't get S5 show to run I converted back to S4 but now have updated sequences I can't open.  Anyone aware of a way to convert them so I can open and run them in S4??

Sorry, I don't think you can do that. Your only hope is your S4 backups. If you don't have backups, and you should, there is a SLIGHT chance that the .bak files in your sequences directory may still be there and in S4 format. Rename them from .bak to .lms and see if S4 will open them and cross your fingers that it ia an S4 file and has your programming inside.

7 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Sorry, I don't think you can do that. Your only hope is your S4 backups. If you don't have backups, and you should, there is a SLIGHT chance that the .bak files in your sequences directory may still be there and in S4 format. Rename them from .bak to .lms and see if S4 will open them and cross your fingers that it ia an S4 file and has your programming inside.

One of them was a new sequence that I did.  I don't see a .bak file for that one

Look on the bright side.  Next year after you have figured S5 out, you will have an extra sequence.

• The topic was locked