Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange Glitching in In Display

aidancar

9 minutes ago, aidancar said:

Just to clarify I am having this issue on generaion 3 CTB16’s. I do have a pixcon in my display but that is working fine. 

Not sure if this is the same problem others are having on the pixie controllers or something  different. 

The same rule applies, what's the firmware version? 

JR

I am also experiencing issues with the regular controllers only. Pixcon16 seems ok. 

I have 3 - 16PC-G3’s running Ver 1.06

2 - 32LD-G3’s. One with Ver 1.12 and the other with 1.13.

And a used, but newly added CTB16D with version 4.40.

Also a DMX1000 ver 1.41.

The 4.40 controller is one I added this year. The others hadn’t caused me problems in the past.

21 hours ago, k6ccc said:

One more.  For S4 users:  Are you exporting from SuperStar in Legacy format or as Intensity files?

For S5 users.  Did you create the SuperStar effects entirely in SuperStar and export them to Sequence Editor (as you would have done in S4), or did you create them using the "Insert SuperStar Effects" from the S5 Sequencer?

K6, I am exporting from Superstar into existing SE files as intensity data. I'm not using S5 this year. I'm using 4.4.2

Edited by LightshowNoober

It seems downgrading to the 115k enhanced network speed fixed the issue at least for now. 

Still would like to be running the 500k enhanced but I'll just have to ride it out until this is resolved.

57 minutes ago, aidancar said:

It seems downgrading to the 115k enhanced network speed fixed the issue at least for now. 

Still would like to be running the 500k enhanced but I'll just have to ride it out until this is resolved.

Quick question.

How are you running your show? Computer or SD card. I failed to find the answer. Sorry if I missed it.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Quick question.

How are you running your show? Computer or SD card. I failed to find the answer. Sorry if I missed it.

JR

It’s running off a new computer I got specifically for LOR. 

6 minutes ago, aidancar said:

It’s running off a new computer I got specifically for LOR. 

K, reason why I asked is because I ran intI a problem today where the show director the individual had and thought was a G3 ended up being an earlier generation.

Wanted to ensure you want having the similar problem.

4 AC controllers and a pixie8. All set up had no lights.

Went out on a limb and set the SD card as a not gen3 device at 115k and finally had lights.

We had no lights previously since no red adapter so being a g3 MP3 would not require an adapter tried that still nothing.

So the pixie will work at 115k at least in a Director.

JR

1 hour ago, aidancar said:

Where do you change these settings? This is one area I’ve never really looked into or heard much about. Maybe that’s what is causing my occasional lag?

4 minutes ago, DocBrown86 said:

Where do you change these settings? This is one area I’ve never really looked into or heard much about. Maybe that’s what is causing my occasional lag?

Network Preferences.

12 hours ago, DocBrown86 said:

Actual name is: Light-O-Rama Network Configuration.  Don't use the Network preferences that Windows has, it won't work!

Just throwing this out there.....

Are your data cables running in close proximity and parallel to the power cables? If so try separating them.

1 hour ago, tlogan said:

Just throwing this out there.....

Are your data cables running in close proximity and parallel to the power cables? If so try separating them.

Now that you mention that, unit 4 on my roof (main problem controller) has its data cable zip tied into a bundle of power cables running off the roof to my porch. But I’m not sure if that is what was causing it since it doesn’t seem to happen anymore with the slower network speed. Also the controllers that are connected ‘downstream’ of that one haven’t had any issues to date. 

4 hours ago, aidancar said:

Now that you mention that, unit 4 on my roof (main problem controller) has its data cable zip tied into a bundle of power cables running off the roof to my porch. But I’m not sure if that is what was causing it since it doesn’t seem to happen anymore with the slower network speed. Also the controllers that are connected ‘downstream’ of that one haven’t had any issues to date. 

You should really remove the data {cat cables} from the power wire bundle.   Even at lower speeds it can and usually will end up causing issues and yes, it can and will also affect any units downstream from it that it's connected to.  I know that from my first year with these things.  better to always keep data as far away from any power wires as possible.

• The topic was locked