Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 or S5??

Pioerpaolo

Hello everyone from Italy,

I was wondering, should you download the S5 version? I have the 4.3.24, what do you recommend ??? I have 2 1602, 2 cmb24, 3 pixie 16 and 2 pixiecon that I still can not make it work, but I'll go headlong ;-). Thank you all

Me, I'd stick with S4.   S5 is a completely new animal in the way it creates files and you have to create a playlist from them to run shows.  

So I'd stick with S4 and wait on S5 until after the Holidays.  in S4 the PE and SE are different, in S5, they are combined as one program, and there is a very large learning curve to S5 with all the upgrades and changes that have gone into it.

If you locate a member here named JR, he is very good with the Pixcon 16, if those are what you have.  He has a nice write up here on the forum that details how to set them up.  I know it's been made a sticky, just not sure which forum it's in here.  If there is a Pixie forum, that'd be the first place I'd look.  

If you locate JR, you can PM him and I'll bet he'll  be able to help you get things working and set up correctly. 

He is also using S4 and he, nor I know very little to how things are set up in S5, so as long as you have S4, he could be a great help to you.

Best of Luck in getting things working.

BTW: my late grandfather was from Rome, Italy.  Born and raised there.  Unfortunately he never taught any of his step-grandchildren or step-children here in the US any Italian.  He spoke it and English fluently. Wish he had, would have loved to learn more than one language!

Edited by Orville

25 minutes ago, Pioerpaolo said:

Hello everyone from Italy,

I was wondering, should you download the S5 version? I have the 4.3.24, what do you recommend ??? I have 2 1602, 2 cmb24, 3 pixie 16 and 2 pixiecon that I still can not make it work, but I'll go headlong ;-). Thank you all

And the short answer is unless you are 110% sure that it's a software problem that's keeping you from getting going, then stay with S4.

1 minute ago, Orville said:

BTW: my late grandfather was from Rome, Italy.  Born and raised there.  Unfortunately he never taught any of his step-grandchildren or step-children here in the US any Italian.  He spoke it and English fluently. Wish he had, would have loved to learn more than one language!

Let's make an exchange, I'll teach you Italian and you American slang; -) ..... let's start with the bad words ??? 😉

1 minute ago, Pioerpaolo said:

Let's make an exchange, I'll teach you Italian and you American slang; -) ..... let's start with the bad words ??? 😉

We can do that in e-mail if you like.   I'll PM you with my e-mail address.  Of course my wife won't like the bad words, but if I don't tell her.....🤣

Always great to have friends in other places across the globe.  I've got some in Australia, Germany, France, various parts of the U.K.  You'll be the first from Italy!