Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Sequence Help

Seayya

For the past two years I have been using (2) CTB16PC controllers and this year I added a 3rd CTB16PC and (1) Pixie2 with 2 ribbons.  I created 2 arches with the RGB ribbon's.  I know I waited way to late to add this to my show considering I know very little about building sequences.  So for now I purchased a sequence to make sure I can get it working.  The problem I have is the purchased sequence has two arches but only 8 channels.  I know there are 3 channels per pixel.  I know I voided my warranty but I cut the ribbons in half so I have 25 pixels per arch to create the length I wanted for my small yard.  When playing my sequence only about 1/3 of the arch is working (the whole arch does light up when testing through HU).  Is there a way I can change how many channels is being controlled without having to completely rebuild the arch sequence?

I would appreciate any help.  Thank you. 

RGB Sequence.JPG

Edited by Seayya

23 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Did you expand the rgb channel from its group to see how many pixels there 

No I have not.  Checking that now.  I am totally new to the Pixel seen so I have not done enough learning yet.

Not for sure what I am looking for.  When I right click on the last channel (RGB A, Arch 8 ) this is what I get.

RGB Sequence 2.JPG

Edited by Seayya

1 hour ago, Seayya said:

Is there a way I can change how many channels is being controlled without having to completely rebuild the arch sequence?

RGB or regular channels, it doesn't matter. If you change the number of channels assigned to something (arch, ribbon, Pixels) programming has to be adjusted to take that into consideration. Granted with the Pixel Editor (S4) and Sequencer (S5) some of that is a bit easier, but in the S4 Sequence Editor you'd have to redraw the parts of the sequence related to the Arches if you change the number of segments in the arch.

Your screenshots have the arches setup wrong as you only have eight RGB channels per arch. If you cut the original ribbons in half then there should be 25 of those RGB channels for each arch.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Your screenshots have the arches setup wrong as you only have eight RGB channels per arch. If you cut the original ribbons in half then there should be 25 of those RGB channels for each arch.

Correct.  I bought this sequence like this.  I was just hoping there was a fairly easy way to expand it to 25 channels per arch from the original 8.  From what Don has said it appears I can't easily do this.  Was hoping to use my new RGB arches this year, but it doesn't appear that it will happen.  That's what I get for waiting to the last minute to add them.

I have several sequences built without the RGB arch parts, and was hoping I could learn the building side of it so I could add it to this years show.

I do appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Seayya said:

Correct.  I bought this sequence like this.  I was just hoping there was a fairly easy way to expand it to 25 channels per arch from the original 8.  From what Don has said it appears I can't easily do this.  Was hoping to use my new RGB arches this year, but it doesn't appear that it will happen.  That's what I get for waiting to the last minute to add them.

I have several sequences built without the RGB arch parts, and was hoping I could learn the building side of it so I could add it to this years show.

I do appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you.

In the screenshots it looks like the arches were made for dumb RGB arches. However, since you have a Pro license then you have access to PE and arches are pretty easy to sequence as they are usually just a bunch of chases. You could actually whip up a arch sequence in just a few minutes.

Edited by Mr. P

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

In the screenshots it looks like the arches were made for dumb RGB arches. However, since you have a Pro license then you have access to PE and arches are pretty easy to sequence as they are usually just a bunch of chases. You could actually whip up a arch sequence in just a few minutes.

I will get to work on learning that tonight.  I have had several issues getting my 4 controllers to work together and with the help of others on here and ALOT of reading I finally got them working last night.