Light-O-Rama Forums

FYI.....Pixel Strips

joopers7

So I just wanted everyone to know, on lengthy 3 wire runs for your strips, stick with 18ga min!! I bought some 22ga 3 wire because it's easier to maneuver and easier to handle....big mistake!! I ended up having to run a separate line for data with all the wires twisted together!! Not sure if it was just a bad roll or what, but the same exact brand in 18GA worked great!! The good news is everything is working now and my LOR display looks kick a$$!! Cant wait to share the video!!

Edited by joopers7
Spelling

39 minutes ago, joopers7 said:

So I just wanted everyone to know, on lengthy 3 wire runs for your strips, stick with 18ga min!! I bought some 22ga 3 wire because it's easier to maneuver and easier to handle....big mistake!! I ended up having to run a separate line for data with all the wires twisted together!! Not sure if it was just a bad roll or what, but the same exact brand in 18GA worked great!! The good news is everything is working now and my LOR display looks kick a$$!! Cant wait to share the video!!

I would have expected data would be fine on 22ga, but POWER and GROUND way under sized for more than a dozen nodes