Light-O-Rama Forums

Spot Light Blinks

Pineview lights

I have always used a spot light in my show for my radio frequency sign and last year using S4 i had no problems but this year with S5 my spot light and lights i have blocking drive way will start blinking and or flickering about an hour into my show.

I have tried switching channels and still same problem.

22 minutes ago, Pineview lights said:

I have always used a spot light in my show for my radio frequency sign and last year using S4 i had no problems but this year with S5 my spot light and lights i have blocking drive way will start blinking and or flickering about an hour into my show.

I have tried switching channels and still same problem.

What kind of spot light? - specifics... Incandescent, led lamp, led fixture, cheapo - full wave - tell us...

Can't imagine it's the software doing it....

Edited by Mega Arch

It is an led spot light and i have an led string of lights connected. Also in the sequences I have them constantly on.

58 minutes ago, Pineview lights said:

It is an led spot light and i have an led string of lights connected. Also in the sequences I have them constantly on.

do they flicker when you run an extension cord straight to them? not through a controller..

you said always on - so why waste a channel anyway? (I'm saying that when I have mine on a channel as well...)

No they do not when straight wired through extension cord but I have a few extra channels and instead of a timer or some other way of controlling I would like it to run on the controller 

Well flickering is what a few of my channels were doing before the triacs failed. I’m just confused as you’ve tried other controller channels. Unless multiple channels going out, doesn’t compute for me. 

I have actually tried multiple controllers and it does about the same thing and sometimes it works fine. I just don't know if maybe because i have about 150ft of drop cord and its just a few leds if that is effecting it.

With the lights being LED, I wouldn’t think you would have a voltage drop issue. If the LEDs aren’t full wave, sometimes the controller doesn’t see enough load from them. That coupled with your distance may be getting you. Do you have a snubber, a glade plugin or an incandescent light that you could add to the end? Just to be sure. 

• The topic was locked