Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX channels interfering with LOR sequences

KeysNole

Jim in the last screen shot before your house he's in the lor tab in network preferences with lor Id's assigned to the alpha pix which he said is running the pixel tree  ,By the way super big tree you got now looks good lot a work .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeysNole

• Dennis Laff

• k6ccc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dennis Laff said:

By the way super big tree you got now looks good lot a work .

That's an old picture from 2013.  Here is a better one taken this morning.

Front_of_House_2018-12-03.jpg

The new tree is a couple feet taller to allow room under it for some presents (next year?) and the lit portion is now 10 inches longer.

6 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Jim in the last screen shot before your house he's in the lor tab in network preferences with lor Id's assigned to the alpha pix which he said is running the pixel tree 

That does not make sense.  Sounds like someone needs to get him on the phone - or better yet a TeamViewer session and get him straightened out.  I can likely do that this evening if desired.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Jim how big your tune to sign is that the p10 or the P5 sign 

That is the P10 matrix.  It is 4W x 3H or just over 4 feet wide by just under 19 inches tall.  That is not where it will ultimately be placed, but I ran out of time to get it's enclosure built so it's there under the eves to keep it out of the rain (which we got last week and more expected in a couple days).  Hopefully I will get the two enclosures built this weekend.

Just tried to copy and paste rather than import entire DMX sequence...LOR tells me it's out of memory wouldn't play. Isn't technology fun?!?

I appreciate the help and time you guys have provided. If you have any other recommendations before we just plug in and go static please let me know.

I have been doing what your trying to do for the last 5 years it works fine, your just not setting up the controller right .In Network preferences you show your controller with LOR id's  that not right click on the DMX tab in Network Preference and add the Alphapix IP ADDRESS and add 16 universe numbers  you have assigned to the Alpha pix controller then in the sequence editor insert new device 16 times, once at a time add universe number and select 50 pixels than combine those 50 pixels to make a group now you have one line do this 15 more times than copy and paste your  Holiday Sequence to those 16 DMX  channels you just created.

Edited by Dennis Laff

Here are links to how the controllers are set up. The controllers have been set up the same way for years and never had any problems.

These links would not load photos onto the forums.

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOc1wDNplrJP089avJhdeM4efFYvfj07SgSjOKv

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNqAXrQdqk_C6I2wZ1E2FeFOUX00zxd0alrk3GJ

25 minutes ago, KeysNole said:

Most likely you did not make the photos public.  For us to see them, the photo must be set to public.  We just get a 404 error when we click the links.

So the DMX and universes look good. So can you send screen shot of the sequence you bought after you added it to SE 

Just to give you an overall idea: All of my sequences are set up like this. The imported DMX sequence plays fine. The LOR sequence goes haywire. If I create a new sequence without the DMX seqence, the LOR sequence plays as it should. Somehow the DMX sequence is affecting LOR.

Screenshot-25.png

Is the Alpha pix connected to Ethernet port on computer or thru a switch .   LOR  controller connected thru RS- 485

Alphapix is direct. LOR through RS485. I thought it might be the RS485 until I created the sequence without the DMX channels and the LOR portions worked as they should.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:51 PM, k6ccc said:

How are you combining the sequences?

I run about 60,000 E1.31 channels along with my LOR channels this year and they are working just fine.

Confirming that all your DMX is controlled via E1.31 and you have LOR devices on a separate RS-485 network.

What version of LOR and which RS485 are you running? I am wondering if I need to upgrade from Advance to Pro and upgrade to the high speed 485. I had another recommendation that I might need to be on the enhanced network.