Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX channels interfering with LOR sequences

KeysNole

I have E131 (holiday sequences) sequences uploaded into my LOR sequences. In the past everything has been fine. This year, my LOR sequences will not run properly along with my E131 sequences.

If I create an independent LOR sequence, the lights behave as they should. If I run my LOR and DMX on the same sequence (through LOR), my LED lights go haywire. The DMX channels act as they should.

Any tips or recommendations?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeysNole

• Dennis Laff

• k6ccc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How are you combining the sequences?

I run about 60,000 E1.31 channels along with my LOR channels this year and they are working just fine.

Confirming that all your DMX is controlled via E1.31 and you have LOR devices on a separate RS-485 network.

I am combining them via the holidaycoro video tutorial. Yes, DMX controlled via E131 and LOR via RS-485. Attached is a general screenshot. 16 channels on the ribbon tree and 32 channels of LOR. The lights have a totally random twinkling effect and do not follow the sequence.

Screenshot (1).png

26 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

How do you have your controllers setup in the network preference

Let me know if there is anything specific I should show you

Screenshot (14).png

when you added the holiday sequences to your sequences did you copy and paste o match your ccr channels  

Edited by Dennis Laff

11 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

when you added the holiday sequences to your sequences did you copy and paste o match your ccr channels  

I believe we used this video. I don't believe it was copy and paste as much as importing the existing sequence.

That video has absolutely nothing about using LOR to sequence other channels or configuring them.  Based on the video, I would expect that the E1.31 sequence you bought from Holiday  Sequences would run, but there would be nothing else.  To do anything with additional channels, you would need to add them and then either sequence those channels, or if they already exist in another sequence file, copy and paste the data.

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

That video has absolutely nothing about using LOR to sequence other channels or configuring them.  Based on the video, I would expect that the E1.31 sequence you bought from Holiday  Sequences would run, but there would be nothing else.  To do anything with additional channels, you would need to add them and then either sequence those channels, or if they already exist in another sequence file, copy and paste the data.

When I import the E131 sequence I then add my LOR channels like the screen shot above. I am waiting to hear from the LOR help desk, but they did say " The controllers aren't smart enough to do anything themselves UNLESS you have downloaded a standalone animation sequence to one of them and it's sending commands to the controllers at the same time your computer is sending commands."

I found this video where the user copies and pastes each individual universe, as opposed to importing the entire thing at once...I wonder if this will help me.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

When downloaded the Holiday sequences sequence your using there channel layout and universe numbers 

Yes, as laid out in the holiday coro tutorial. The DMX channels operate just fine...I am trying to figure out how or why they may interfere with the LOR channels.

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Can you show a sreen shot of your controllers in network preferences. 

Hopefully you can see this. Had to resize the photo as the LOR forum would not accept the size of the other screenshot.

photo.png

Edited by KeysNole

The standard work around for the small forum upload limit is to upload the photos or screen captures to a website somewhere and post the link.  For example, the very old photo below is coming from my web server.

Front_yard.sm.jpg

KeysNole   if your using an Alphapix controller it Is not an LOR controller it needs to be in Network Preferences in the DMX section   you assign it a Ip address if in unicast  and it connects to Ethernet port on computer not thru the LOR usb-485

Edited by Dennis Laff

I am in DMX with the appropriate IP address. The LOR help desk won’t go any further with me because it’s E131. They are basically saying imported DMX sequences can make my LOR sequences go haywire and that’s it. Frustrating. 

24 minutes ago, KeysNole said:

I am in DMX with the appropriate IP address. The LOR help desk won’t go any further with me because it’s E131. They are basically saying imported DMX sequences can make my LOR sequences go haywire and that’s it. Frustrating. 

E1.31 and LOR co-exist just fine together.  However, the LOR help desk draws the line on where they stop support.  Basicly, once E1.31 traffic leaves the show computer, that is the end of their responsibility (unless it's going to a PixCon16).  Too many variables with users networks and other controllers.

As for combining your purchased sequences and your existing LOR sequencing, one way or the other you will be doing a bunch of copy and paste.  You can either copy the purchased sequence into your existing sequence or copy your existing sequence into the purchased one.  In either case, you need to build all the channels so there is a target to paste into.