Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you stop a song before it’s over?

SoonerBorn

I want to cut a song and sequence short of the full time of the audio file.  I’ve got the sequence stopped but during my show the sequencing stops when I want but the song keeps playing where I’d want it to stop.  

I know I need to do it to the audio file, but how do I do that?

Use Audacity and cut and fade out the song where you want it.  You can also use the option in LOR Sequence Editor to change the "Total Time".  But the music will not fade out as it would if you edited the audio file.

Download the audio editor program Audacity along with the LAME mp3 encoder and trim the audio file to the exact length you need. Then export it as a constant bit rate mp3 file and re apply it to your sequence, and save it.

38 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Use Audacity and cut and fade out the song where you want it.  You can also use the option in LOR Sequence Editor to change the "Total Time".  But the music will not fade out as it would if you edited the audio file.

I did it in SE first and it never did fade out.  Just played until the end of the song

The only way to do it in SE is to "Change Total Time" in the edit menu, assuming it's still there in S5.

It will work but may be a bit abrupt.

I use a free program called ActivePresenter to edit sing tracks and create my videos. It’s a little more user friendly than Audacity for editing audio files. 

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't be trying to edit the length of a musical sequence. Edit the audio in a 3rd party program (some mentioned in thread) then create a NEW musical sequence. Then copy the events from Old to New.

• The topic was locked