Light-O-Rama Forums

50W RGB Flood Misbehaving

Rabeiler

One of my six 50W RGB Floods is acting up. It is 4th in the network chain and the other floods past it work fine. Basically the unit flashes randomly in an animation sequence. In the visualizer the light consistently fade from one color to the next. This one RGB flood changes colors like the others but sometimes flashes and sometimes the color is not correct. 

Any ideas? I just updated the firmware to the latest version of the web site. 

Ross

First thing I would do is to swap floods around and see if the problem follows the device or stays put. If it stays in the same place, it must be signal or programming.

The connectors leak. Open it up and shake the moisture out. Get hair dryer and blow connectors dry. Change out the cat5 cables. Then apply silicone to the top where the cable enters the connector. 

After all of the above, mine started behaving again. 

Good luck. 

Thanks - as suggested, it turns out that one of the cables going into the flood light is bad. The waterproof connector was also bad. Looks like I might have to do additional maintenance to get it to work :(

Well I replaced the cable. Tested the unit with HU and it seems to work fine. Put in in the network and the HU cannot see it. The HU cannot see another of the units as well, but that unit works fine in my test sequence. I am totally baffled at this point. If I connect the unit, it does random flashes. This is with no sequences running at all. the unit seems to pass network activity fine. 

22 minutes ago, Rabeiler said:

Well I replaced the cable. Tested the unit with HU and it seems to work fine. Put in in the network and the HU cannot see it. The HU cannot see another of the units as well, but that unit works fine in my test sequence. I am totally baffled at this point. If I connect the unit, it does random flashes. This is with no sequences running at all. the unit seems to pass network activity fine. 

Sounds like it's using it's standalone mode while you are trying to send additional commands.

• The topic was locked