Light-O-Rama Forums

NEED HELP ASAP SETTING UP PIXCON 16

Jesse Gonzalez

I purchased a 2  100 bullets Pixcon16 controllers. I wasnt aware that they had to be ran under DMX. I have have other props and was told that it would be best to run it under DMX this way it has a smoother play and doesnt lag.

if anyone can help and remotely login to my computer and help me set these up, i will be more than happy to pay you for your time..

please email with cost to help set up both controllers.

• 1 month later...
Hello, you need to connect your controllers on IP network and sector, then open SE then click Edit click on Network configuration and in the window that opens, on the right side you have Find Configure PixCon16, click it in the new window you must see your 2 cards PixCon16 click on a map, in the menu that opens give a new IP address to the card or keep his which should be 192.168.1.50 at least for me in France but I think it is the original IP address and put the card in DHCP so as to have a static IP address. Then inform the card on the number of pixels per output, the quality of the node (ws2811 or other) and it is possible to close everything, apply the changes to the card, then click apply in Network Configuration and then OK.
For the second card do not forget to change the IP address. And finally you have to set the outputs of the card in Network Configuration, in my case, I put 1 Universe per output.
cordially

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Jesse Gonzalez said:

I purchased a 2  100 bullets Pixcon16 controllers. I wasnt aware that they had to be ran under DMX. I have have other props and was told that it would be best to run it under DMX this way it has a smoother play and doesnt lag.

if anyone can help and remotely login to my computer and help me set these up, i will be more than happy to pay you for your time..

please email with cost to help set up both controllers.

You do not have to run in DMX, its an option but not a must.

I prefer to keep it simple and run everything in LOR networks.

Open the control panel (light bulb) right click

Scroll up to Network Preferences (NP)

Bottom right corner "configure Pixcon16"

Heres the guide. Follow that but once done there you will have to figure out the S5 side of things.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PixCon16Manual-V1.5-Showtime(S4).pdf

Set them up yourself, still over 300 days before Christmas and you will learn something.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Also note that the use of DMX for the PixCon 16 is DMX over ethernet - generally known as E1.31.  The Pixcon 16 does NOT support DMX over RS-485.  Use of E1.31 requires a Pro or Advanced level LOR software license.

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Edited by k6ccc

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked