Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights and Music Mystery

Mark J. M.

Hi-  I have been running LOR for over ten years now and this is the first time this issue has come up. I run approximately 490 channels on a combination of Gen2 and Gen 3 controllers controlled by a Gen3MP3 director. I have had the same basic setup for the past eight years, mostly LED strings and Props. Last year I set up my show as usual and it ran fine. This year with the same setup, when I run my light test sequence that just turns on all the lights and runs a silenced music sequence, everything works as expected. However, when I use the sequences from last year and schedule a show, the music plays but the lights do not work. I set the show to play anytime powered. The only change from last year was I upgraded to the latest S4 and added S5 as I am trying to go to pixels for some applications. I did not have time to adjust to S5 so I uninstalled S5 from my machine and only have the current version of S4 available. I have run the verifier on all my sequences and no critical errors are noted. (I have several channels not on and I get the expectation error for version 5 which I am told I can ignore). I have a help ticket but am asking the experts here also. My show obviously can't run and neighbors are asking for when it will. Usually it begins the day after Thanksgiving. Any suggestions on solutions to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My guess is this may be related in some strange way to the attempt to S5 and then back to S4 on that computer.  I am guessing that something got left behind that confused things.  I would completely uninstall LOR (including deleting the Light-O-Rama folder in Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if you are on a 64 bit OS).  Then download and execute the LOR Registry wipe program from: WWW1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.4.0/LORRegistyWipe.exe

When you run that, there is an option to not have to delete your registration information.  That way you don't have to re-register your software installation. 

Then re-install S4.4.0.

See if that gets everything back to normal.

AFTER your 2018 show is completed, then make the move to S5.

Thank you. I have not fixed the problem but it seems to be something to do with the G3-MP3 Director. I replaced it with the previous model director and now the show works.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:43 PM, Mark J. M. said:

Thank you. I have not fixed the problem but it seems to be something to do with the G3-MP3 Director. I replaced it with the previous model director and now the show works.

I can't find it any more, you may have to contact the help desk to get it. Just let them know that you installed S5 and went back to S4.

• The topic was locked