Light-O-Rama Forums

Downloading sequences

~DOC~

I downloaded a bunch of sequences but many I cannot open. The file at the the end says .loredit. It’s not an .lms file. Is there anything I can do?

The .loredit file is a S5 specific file that is used in the Sequence Editor in S5. LOR S4 wouldn't know what that file is, thus it can't open it.

The person who supplied the file to you could create a playback file, which would be the LMS file you are used to, but there is no guarantee it would work on your S4 install.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don said:

The .loredit file is a S5 specific file that is used in the Sequence Editor in S5. LOR S4 wouldn't know what that file is, thus it can't open it.

The person who supplied the file to you could create a playback file, which would be the LMS file you are used to, but there is no guarantee it would work on your S4 install.

Ok, so while it is on my mind, what is that LCS and LID files?   I don't recall seeing those in previous versions.  It's probably listed somewhere, yet I can't seem to find the info.  Thanks

LCS - Compressed sequence. Been around a while. Forget how long.
LID - Intensity Data file, what's exported from the Pixel Editor in S4 that the SE can read. Not 100% sure where it fits in the S5 environment, though it could be the result of the exporting/creating the playable files in the S5 software.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked