Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody else just want to start already...

JeffF

I'm going to be putting in a couple of concrete tree supports tomorrow and I'd just like to start setting up the trees while I'm at it. I keep thinking about this, that, and the other and I just want to start *doing* already. :(

Not sure if I can wait two more months before I start. (going to have almost everything up in early November just so I can work the kinks out of the sequences)

So... anyone else getting a wee-bit-antsy? :cool: Only real project I have left is wrapping lights on four more 5' trees. I've already done five so the last four should be too bad.

-Jeff

When do the hopelessly behind, not possible to finish posts start? Everyone seems so well prepared around here!

I still have plenty to do. But I’m getting very anxious to get the lights out.

We’re doing Halloween with LOR this year. Hopefully that will hold me over a little. I set the pumpkins and some other blowmolds up in the den this week to play.

I'm almost ready, finally got my 2 controllers after the ups guy lost em, have setup the garage as a rehearsel studio, now I can see how the voices will all look to he lights, a major help.
Been building props since may, still have a few left to finish but wrapping things up.
I have over an hour and a half of music and voiceovers ready to go and a few more songs in the works...Now xmas on the other hand, still have a long way to go, haven't figured out my yard layout completley, only have about 2 or 3 songs and a few voiceovers done, but I've got til thanksgiving eve to get that done, Halloween show goes live OCT 1

I'm doing Halloween for the first time this year, 64 channels, and I'm not done yet. My Christmas setup from last year is still at 32 channels, and I have not had the time to add any sequencing or construct anything for it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I was given the LOR bug from somebody in June, and purchased my controllers during the sale. I have posted some of my sequences online. (Still waiting for any kind of feedback)

I have a general plan. This month - Finish shows. October - finish building arches, mini trees, and mega tree pieces. Finish buying lights. Hey, I started in the middle of the year.

November, build show.

I have a lot of sequencing to update do to doubling my channels. I am anxiously awaiting word on possible firmware/effects update before I start.

This will, no doubt, put me further behind.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring this post back because I'm happy that I *finally* got to start decorating!!! woot.gif

Here are a few pictures of the house which is basically done now...
TheHouse-01.jpg

TheHouse-02.jpg

TheHouse-03.jpg

-Jeff

i wanted to get started on the roof yesterday (i like working from the top down to avoid damaging lights) but the guy whos ladder i used last year is putting 16 windows in starting yesterday...he got 3 done :shock::(...so i tie wrapped my icicles to PVC yesterday (a new idea to make the icicle hanging easier) and today i just got all 17 windows wired and lit up...already got people slowing down and honking lol (i have the lights on while stringing so i can replace bulbs where needed right away)

Got my roof done 2 weeks ago and finished my 25ft pine tree this past weekend. I've got up almost 5,000 lights already with A LOT more to go. My neighbors now think I'm TOTALLY OFF MY ROCKER!! I love this time of the year! Good luck to everyone.

Tim wrote:

My neighbors now think I'm TOTALLY OFF MY ROCKER!!

I thought it was just me. Started a little this past weekend while it was warm, didn't get alot done but it is a start. My neighbors kept giving me strange looks!

thank God i thought i was crazy for putting lights up this past weekend i did the porches and started to work on some of the trees in our yard :P

well I'm off this Friday and I'm hoping to get the last two controllers wired to there respected 32 outlets and then try and figure out what i want to do so ya I'm in the same boat as some of you or maybe worse off nothing sequinced yet either I need to really get going, I'll have some display but my not be with all 64 channels will see I'm trying to get my megatree put together so will see what happens wish me luck and have a great day

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead since I took pictures *today* and then I looked at the pictures I took *last year* in this thread and man they look similar. ;)

2009ChristmasLights-01.jpg

2009ChristmasLights-02.jpg

We added a single snowflake trail last year and we liked it so much we added two more. The only thing I have left to do on the trail to the left is paint the wood black so it doesn't stand out as much.

Tomorrow the 6'2" Bethlehem Star is going on the roof and hopefully the 21' mega-tree will be going up as well.

Fun, fun, FUN!!! :D

I have all the lights I need for my sequencing done!
I set up the last decoration at 10:00 last night.
I have to tidy up the extension cords and the set up static decorations (will do these over the next few weeks)

I plan to play all my songs and see how it looks tonight.

Glad it wasn't minus XX this year.

Jeffrey very very nice job, i can see why you wanted more of the flakes i do have one question are your snow flakes home made? i love the way they fade in and out especially when they are blinking individually, they look like they fad into there middle instead off the whole flake fading out

Dale J wrote:

Jeffrey very very nice job, i can see why you wanted more of the flakes i do have one question are your snow flakes home made? i love the way they fade in and out especially when they are blinking individually, they look like they fad into there middle instead off the whole flake fading out

Thanks. ;)

We bought them from http://www.snowflakesinmotion.com/ but they are sold out now. :( Shame because they are awesome flakes for the money.

-Jeff