Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Window prop not working correctly

Box on Rails

I love the S5 software. It's so easy to use and most Issues I have been having has been with my older controllers. I seem to have resolved all issues the with one last issue. I have 2 CCPs with dual 50 pixel strings and they are being used with window and door props. I used the prop creator and set up the window or door correctly in the preview where they function correctly. when I watch my real show play these props are not working correctly on the house. when I use motion effects like the Bar effect these props work correctly on the side to side effects but when i use the up or Down effect one side is going in the opposite direction to the other side. So what happens on the house is when all the pixels are chasing in an up-word direction there are  3 sections that are going down at the windows and doors with these 2 CCPs. the 2 CCP-IIs work fine on the windows they are on.   I have tried everything in the prop setup from changing to a different network, updating the firmware on the controllers  and  changing pixel strings and I can't seem to get these 2 CCP controllers to play back correctly. I'm open to any help. I have a feeling these older CCPs will need to be replaced CCP-IIs.  any Ideas are welcome. 

Agree with Jim, if lights are on, then networks, controllers good. Your profile says you are using 4.3.18, your message says your using S5. If using S5, please update your profile.

I am on my way out the door for the day, so no time to look at it now. I pm'd you my email, if you want email me an new Animation Sequence (no music) with some motion effects on the problem props. I can look at it tonight.

In the mean time, MAKE A COPY of your Preview and try flipping your prop(s) in Preview Editor. Meaning if the bule pixel on the prop is down, rotate the prop so that it is up, then retest. I had this issue with CCR's. If this doesn't do it, there is more to try. Goota run.

Alan...

Alan. I tried flipping everything including redrawing the prop. I have all the controllers and circuits are correct and the start location I have flipped and re flipped and lights still don't move correctly.  I've tried everything I can and every time the animation shows it working correct but the lights are not. I will email you a copy of the preview and let you have a go at it. It will be latter today or maybe even tomorrow. Working Out of town today. thanks again Alan.

I understand the working out of town. Luckily I don't have to do that much anymore.  I can only look at it the evenings.

I had a very similiar problems with my circles. What would be very useful info is an "as built" of the prop. Specifically where the controllers is located, starting pixel(s).

In the meantime here's a couple threads that may or may not be handy.

After looking at all the links and trying everything I could think of and then some, I could not get the CCP to work in the right direction for the first 19 pixels and when I did get it going correctly the other pixels would go back wards so I did what was recommended I saved my original preview before and then reloaded it and figured I would try one last thing. So here is what finally fixed it.  I replaced the older CCP with A new CCP-II Pivie 2 and guess what? Problem solved. the first Tine I tested it with the original preview it worked perfect. I spent hours testing flipping and re-flipping the start location. the orientation the prop type and with one simple  hardware change problem solved. All I could do was get the older CCP to Chase around the window no matter what Bar effect I used. Up,Down Left right, it did matter it only would chase around the window while everything else worked as intended. Fortunately I had a back up CCP-II with 2 100 string Pixels so That was a good thing. The show looks good now. thanks for the help guys.