Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Output not working

Automater

So I have two 16 channel LOR controllers for my incandescents and such, and then 4 DMX 1.31 controllers.  The LOR controllers are working great, but none of the DMX are working at all.  I'm able to ping all four of them, Control Panel and Comm Listener are both running, the screen in Comm Listener tells me that it has connectivity to them.  I've got a ticket in to the LOR Help Desk, but hoping to here something here. I running 4.4.2

18 minutes ago, Automater said:

So I have two 16 channel LOR controllers for my incandescents and such, and then 4 DMX 1.31 controllers.  The LOR controllers are working great, but none of the DMX are working at all.  I'm able to ping all four of them, Control Panel and Comm Listener are both running, the screen in Comm Listener tells me that it has connectivity to them.  I've got a ticket in to the LOR Help Desk, but hoping to here something here. I running 4.4.2

Did you go into the LOR network config and assign the IP addresses and universes?

43 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Did you go into the LOR network config and assign the IP addresses and universes?

Yup, I confident of this because as I added the Universes for my Matrix they showed up in the Comm Listener.

Also, the show ran for the last couple of years, so I figure I undid something stupid/easy in one of the chunks of software

Edited by Automater

20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Multi-cast or Uni-cast?

Make sure both the Network Setup in NP and the controllers match.

Uni-Cast/Static IP, I've uploaded a screenshot of the typical setup.

Also verified that the Universe numbers in PE agree with NP,  I just went through the 4 controllers to make sure that the universe numbers are correct in them.

NetworkPreferences.PNG

Not to be repetitive, but are the controllers set for Unicast?  You did not verify that (or at least did not mention it). 

Welp, it turned out to be the ol' comedy of errors;

1) PixLite 1 - some where along the line had ended up on Boot Loader mode looking for a firmware update; I probably clicked something I wished I hadn't during my troubleshooting efforts, I gave it it's update; One down.

2) PixLite 2 - Outputs not hooked up, oops...

3) Alpha Pix 1 and Alpha Pix 2 - Bad switch ports

4) Cable from PC to switch - unreliable, may have contributed to some of the other issues

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked