Light-O-Rama Forums

I have a second dmx controller when I program and export it overwrites my pixel tree

Greenlee Brittenum

I have a 12 strip pixel tree and superstar has worked great for it. But for this year I added a matrix and when I export it from superstar to my LOR sequence editor it overwrites my pixel tree. What do I need where I can program for both controllers and import them into my existing LOR sequences? I hope I am explaining this well.

Do you mean you are sequencing the matrix separately from the 12 strip pixel tree?  And you are exporting each of them separately? And then you are putting them both into your main sequence?

If so, how are you getting the sequences into your main sequence? Are you using copy/paste or a subsequence?

Also, I am assuming you are using S4, not S5

Yes, I am still learning so I did not know how to do them together. I did each one separately and I adding them to my old LOR sequence using export in Superstar the problem is when I did the matrix sequence in Superstar it overwrote my pixel tree sequence. I am using 4.2.12, I am a little concerned about upgrading since we have already started our show. But if you think it will simplify what I am trying to do and won't affect what I have done. What version would you recommend I upgrade to make it easier?

Sequencing them separately is a good way of doing it. I just wanted to make sure I understood how you are doing things. Sticking with 4.2.12 is fine also. I just didn't want to describe things that applied to S4 and then find you were using S5.

When saving the sequencing to your two props be sure to give them unique names such as "MyFavoriteSong_matrix.lms" and "MyFavoriteSong_ 12StripTree.lms". As long as they have different names they will not overwrite each other. Is that what was happening?

When I save from Superstar I end up files with .sup extensions. I have been able to solve my problem I think, by sequencing each element and then exporting it to its own sequence. Then I merge the .lid files and into the .lms file containing my original sequence. Would I gain anything to help me by upgrading to 4.3.34?

Now I understand. The sequence editor only supports one .lid file from superstar. So each time you exported a .lid file it would overwrite the previous export.

You are correct, the solution is to create two different .lid files and then use the "merge intensity data files" to merge them into one file that will then be used in the sequence editor.

Upgrading to 4.3.34 would not gain you anything as far as how to handle multiple .lid files. That functionality has not changed.

Thank you so much Brian, great software I will be glad when I am more proficient at it.. Is there a way to create stationary text from the Text function? I have been doing it manually using scenes.

Yes, you can do stationary text. Set the star coordinates to be equal to the end coordinates and it will not move.

Also, after entering the text, for "direction of movement"  you can click on the "centr" and it will center the text and it will not move.