Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix lettering is backwards after exporting to .lms

ajfelice

I Have a matrix sequence in superstar that is 24 rows x50 pixels.  . My dmx matrix is  12- 100  rgb nodes. Each 100 nodes is one dmx universe divided into 1-50 and 51-100. It starts with universe one at the bottom right and after 50 bulbs the string zig zag back so each string is 2 rows. Rows 1-2, 3-4, etc...when I export tmy SS sequence into Lms format, I get a mirror image so the writing is backward, so in order to read it correctly I would  have to stand behind the matrix. Is this an issue I can correct in superstar or do I have to do something is S4?   Thx

Edited by ajfelice

SuperStar launches in "CCR Mode."  In CCR mode you have a limited number of layouts. Any matrix layout you do will assume each ribbon/string is 50 pixels.

To do anything other than those limited number of layouts you need to create a visualization and import the visualization into superstar. Are you currently using an imported visualization? If so, it sounds like your visualization does not match your actual display.

i see, so i ill have to make a visualization of my matrix in the visualizer and import it into SS. when i export , i then choose visualization and not ccr. is that correct? 

You will not do anything different when you export. You simply click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor" and superstar will use the layout in the visualization to determine the addressing used in the export.

Have you used the visualizer before?

I have but not with SS. There are question when creating a prop fro SS. Like" Do you force a row" or asking if you want to use your sequence numbers vs letting SS figure it out. I will have to read about it. 

You shouldn't have to do any of the special superstar settings such as "force row"

Click on the "Matrix Wizard" button and all the settings you need should be in there. If you have questions about what to set in the matrix wizard dialog box let me know.