Light-O-Rama Forums

Box 3 question

Shelley

When running a 32 sequence show I would like the lights on Box 3 to remain on but not be involved in the show itself. I’m new to editing and I have purchased most of my sequences.

Thanks

If the purchased sequences can be edited, then you would open them up in the sequence editor, and apply an "on" effect to all channels on Box/Controller 3.

I added a third box. It is for a nativity and a few lights in my neighbor’s yard. When that box is not part of the show I want the lights to remain on. I have sequences at 32 and 48 and don’t want box 3 off during 32. How do I switch those lights on.

You will have to turn those lights on in each sequence.

It sounds to me that you are trying to use the purchased sequences as your config.

You would be better off and get an understanding of how this stuff works if you build your own “master channel config” and copy paste the purchased/ shared sequences in your config.

Once set up it will be less work since you will only have a couple steps to turn those lights on and off when needed.

A lot of people seem to have the same strategy every year but it doesn’t work so well when you have stuff in your display that the purchased sequence doesn’t.

JR

If the box wasn't a part of the show at any time, then I'd suggest just using an animation sequence that would run at the same time as your musical sequences, this would keep it on at all times.  There are lights in my display that are not controlled in the musical sequences and I have animation sequences to keep these lights on during the show.  

But if it's part of your show and you want them on steady at specific times in a sequence. then you'll need to set it up as my friend above JR stated, they'd have to be programmed in each sequence for the times you want the lights on steady.   I also do this for parts of my display depending on song content and type.

And if using store bought sequences, again, you really need to follow JR's advice to get things set to YOUR DISPLAY, it's the best way to sequence your display as most "canned" sequences{store bought} ARE NOT going to match ones display exactly.

We all have different items in our displays, so creating your own sequence{s} and pasting and copying from the store bought sequences into yours IS your BEST option!

Edited by Orville