Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR1's can't be seen

SteveBrighton

I have been using a 12 ribbon tree for the last four to five years and never had the problem of the Comm port being used can't see the 12 controllers.  When in the HU, I select the Comm port and hit refresh and it comes back with 0 units.  I checked the Comm selection in Network Preferences and they are the same.  I reset all 12 controllers on power up.

All 12 controllers have a solid red Aux light on and a continuous flashing red Status light.

Any ideas ????

Thanks Dennis

I discovered I had a cabling issue.

I tested each Ribbon in the HU and they were all working fine.  This is very strange because they do not work running them in a sequence or in a Show that I put together.  I even ran a playback file in a test Show from last year and it didn't work.  The other lights in other networks all worked fine.

16 minutes ago, SteveBrighton said:

Thanks Dennis

I discovered I had a cabling issue.

I tested each Ribbon in the HU and they were all working fine.  This is very strange because they do not work running them in a sequence or in a Show that I put together.  I even ran a playback file in a test Show from last year and it didn't work.  The other lights in other networks all worked fine.

The HU is pretty much a testing utility to ensure the lights actualy work and to check the RGB order. When the lights work in the HU and not in the sequence then that usually means there is a config issue somewhere either hardware (cabling) or software (programming).

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked