Light-O-Rama Forums

5th controller doesn’t work

HLE

I have 5-16 channel residential controllers. I have purchased some sequences from LOR and have found they don’t sequence after the 4th controller (64 channels). So being the bright guy I thought I was, I copied the sequencing for the 1st controller and put it in the 5th controller. However, I still don’t have any lights. I know the port and communication to the controller is good because I can go into the hardware utility and turn them on there but when I go to tuna seauence, nothing comes on. 

Is there something in their sequences that won’t let me copy and paste? 

Unit ID’s?

Confirm you have the unit ID set in #5

Also on cell so can’t see your license level. Are you licensed enough?

JR

Just now, HLE said:

Yeah. I confirmed the unit Id was 5 and I’m licensed at the pro level 

What gens are your controllers ? 

JR

I’ve said it 1000 times.

Because you have lights in HU means nothing to do with running your light show.

Two different animals.

HU will only confirm your unit ID , some settings and that if you have lights connected that are in working condition - they work.

Nothing more.

Once you exit HU if your network is not correct you will have NO lights.

JR

7 minutes ago, DougP said:

Do you have the 5th controller channels assigned in your sequences?

I do. I took the sequencing from controller 1 and copied and pasted it into controller 5. 

12 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I’ve said it 1000 times.

Because you have lights in HU means nothing to do with running your light show.

Two different animals.

HU will only confirm your unit ID , some settings and that if you have lights connected that are in working condition - they work.

Nothing more.

Once you exit HU if your network is not correct you will have NO lights.

JR

The only thing is I had a pixie8 controller after it and that was working fine just not the 5th controller 

5 minutes ago, HLE said:

Pixie starting ID is 9. Chose something that I wouldn’t have to worry about changing 

What’s your network?

I am assuming LOR / Regular / 500k / Enhanced

If that unit 5 is set correctly and is not working it may be a gen 2 controller and will not work with gen 3. Would need. A network of its own to be used .

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

What’s your network?

I am assuming LOR / Regular / 500k / Enhanced

If that unit 5 is set correctly and is not working it may be a gen 2 controller and will not work with gen 3. Would need. A network of its own to be used .

JR

That might be it....I think Controller 5 is 3 or 4 years old and the rest works fine. The network is the regular 500k enhanced.  

Any quick steps on making a second network?  I have tried in the past and failed everytime. I do have the black adapter for the slower networks 

4 minutes ago, HLE said:

That might be it....I think Controller 5 is 3 or 4 years old and the rest works fine. The network is the regular 500k enhanced.  

Any quick steps on making a second network?  I have tried in the past and failed everytime. I do have the black adapter for the slower networks 

It easy

1- connect another adapter

2- connect the controller to that adapter and openHU

3- select the comm port on left

4- hopefully it is comm 4

5 - answer NO- to the “comm .... is selected, is this the comm port you’d like to use for show”

6- refresh the “controller to configure” 

7- ensure it finds the #5

8- If so close HU

9- go to NP - Network pref

10- LOR tab

11- aux A

12- speed 57.6

13- apply

14- ok

15- go to the SE

16- Tools

17- channel config

18- change device

19- select unit 5

20- change the network to aux A

save

Done

about 5 mins of work

JR

Note- do not use “auto config” in HU comm port unless absolutely unavoidable and do not hit refresh for the comm port.

It May take you a while to recover if you do either of those if answer “yes” to the “is this the com port to use for shows”.

Once again NO is the answer for that

JR

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Note- do not use “auto config” in HU comm port unless absolutely unavoidable and do not hit refresh for the comm port.

It May take you a while to recover if you do either of those if answer “yes” to the “is this the com port to use for shows”.

Once again NO is the answer for that

JR

Ok so I have done all of those steps and created the second network and #5 works in the sequence but now my other controllers don’t work. I answered no to using the second network as the show network 

22 minutes ago, HLE said:

Ok so I have done all of those steps and created the second network and #5 works in the sequence but now my other controllers don’t work. I answered no to using the second network as the show network 

You need to assign the controllers to the proper networks.

First, know which is Regular and which will be AuxA And Which one will be enhanced)

In the sequence editor  Tools:channel configuration: Change controller(a button): <select>:: adjust 'Network':OK: OK again for the last)

Ok. I don’t know what I did or how I did it but everything works. All 5 controllers work, the pixel tree works, everything!!  Thank you guys so much for all your help. A lot faster than help desk 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HLE said:

Ok. I don’t know what I did or how I did it but everything works. All 5 controllers work, the pixel tree works, everything!!  Thank you guys so much for all your help. A lot faster than help desk 

Thats why we are here. It also takes a load off then, so they can handle the really hard ones

2 minutes ago, HLE said:

That’s great. Prob had to

close HU or open CL or restart SE

Enjoy you light show

JR