Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighting up fake fence

crazytrain83

Looking for some ....

We have 39 4-foot sections of Faux Fencing made of PVC and wood. Each section has 6 vertical poles, with a plastic skull atop. We are trying to think of a way to get them lit up with LOR.

Right now, the best we've got is to hit them with spotlights. :?

We've tried stringing minis into the skulls, and it looked cool, but we can't find a string with the lights spaced out far enough (6-7 inches) to go from skull to skull.

We thought of individual LEDs, but didn't want to buy over 200 of them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

skullfence.jpg

Really.

I'm going to check that out.

Thanks!

EDIT- I can't seem to find LED minis with 6 inch spacing. I can find regular minis with 6 or even 8 inch spacing, but I'm afraid they'd melt our little skulls.

you could buy some wire and cut and solder to get the spacing you need. if youve got time. im having to do this for christmas

Yes....10 foot spacing between lights is MORE than enough, but we would still have the problem with the heat from the lights melting our skulls.

Nice idea, though. I had never heard of Lawn Lights.

how big are the skulls?

will a c7 fit?

http://animatedlighting.stores.yahoo.net/c7mefa25cogr.html

yes I know this is the competition - but they do have other things besides controllers;)

or a c6

http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/c6-commercial.aspx - these would require a dc board and dc power supply

crazytrain83 wrote:

Really.

I'm going to check that out.

Thanks!

EDIT- I can't seem to find LED minis with 6 inch spacing. I can find regular minis with 6 or even 8 inch spacing, but I'm afraid they'd melt our little skulls.

Mini's Dont get that hot? do they.... I have plenty of times in the past stuffed minies in little plastic covers.

Plug a strand in and try one, I really think a mini would be fine, now the problem is finding the spacing.

Those leds you got picked out are $$$ but look fine.