Light-O-Rama Forums

network check error

fullyloaded318

im very new to the light show game.... last year i used the CTB16PC and it was actually fairly easy to setup and use... this year i decided to add pixels to my light show so i got the 12v pixie 16 controller with the pro software. the problem im running into is ive created my sequence but my its not pulling up when i go to make my show... its like it cant find it.... so when i go back to the sequence editor i get a window that says  the following items have motion effects that cannot be played because they are on an lor network that is not enhanced. either update the prop definition, update network preferences, or remove the motion effect.... ive tried update the prop definition and updating the network preference but it doesnt do anything..... i dont wanna remove the motion effect cause thats the whole reason i got the pixels..... please someone help

What color adapter do you have (assuming you are trying to run on a single).

Pixies really want to be on a Red adapter, running at 500K+. Is the enhanced box ticked in the network preferences utility?

And double check that you really have the Pro (it will show in the title of the Sequence editor) key installed

In addition to Ducks comments,

Are you sure you setup the Pixie16 properly? From what I see of your setup, you had a CTB16PC last year and this year you added a Pixie16. See dibblejr's write up for the Pixie16's in the thread below. Pay attention to the jumper setting. Since you have a CTB16PC it should be Unit ID# 01, which would mean your Pixie16's first Unit ID would 02. Your props defintion should reflect this also.

Alan...

i have a black adapter... 2 of them actually lol.... have it at 500k now and have s5 pro v5.2.0 ... at the moment im just trying to get my pixie 16 controller working... i havent even connected it to my other controller i wanted to get this one working before i hung them outside.... i followed the instructions you had listed and from what it seems like is that i got it configured correctly and i can actually get my lights to work perfect when i play the sequence while in the sequence editor but then i save in in the sequence>lightorama>mydocuments folder and go to create a show in the show editor it cant find the file.... thanks for yalls help this far hopefully im pretty close to getting the figured out lol

1 minute ago, fullyloaded318 said:

i have a black adapter... 2 of them actually lol.... have it at 500k now and have s5 pro v5.2.0 ... at the moment im just trying to get my pixie 16 controller working... i havent even connected it to my other controller i wanted to get this one working before i hung them outside.... i followed the instructions you had listed and from what it seems like is that i got it configured correctly and i can actually get my lights to work perfect when i play the sequence while in the sequence editor but then i save in in the sequence>lightorama>mydocuments folder and go to create a show in the show editor it cant find the file.... thanks for yalls help this far hopefully im pretty close to getting the figured out lol

500k is pushing the Black adapter real hard. You really should be using the Red one for the faster speeds

the black is what came with both of my controllers i honestly didnt see the option to upgrade it.... i will order one soon

i got it working.... under save as i hit the create playback files and not i can find it to make a show and everything is working perfect.... im going to add my other unit to it tomorrow to make sure i get that right then its lights time..... thank you very much

4 minutes ago, fullyloaded318 said:

but then i save in in the sequence>lightorama>mydocuments folder and go to create a show in the show editor it cant find the file....

The .loredit file is the one that S5 Sequencer uses to allow you to edit. After you save the .loredit file, click File, then select "Create Playback Files", this create the files the show player needs.

playback.png

During this time a .play.lms and a .lid file will be created by S5. The .lms file is the file that show player needs to run, the .lid file is the intensity file. Both of these files have to be in the directory that you are pointing to when you setup up your show.

An example would look like this

2018 Witch Doctor.play.lms  <- the play file

2018 Witch Doctor.play.lms.pe.lid <- the intensity file

Again, these are the only 2 files that need to be in the show directory.

According to LOR, the Black Adapter is not set to run at the 500K speed. It will run at the 115K speed, lower the network the Pixie16 is on to 115k, (since you have Pro) turn on Enhanced Network, then try it. It may run on either network but lag may become an issue for you.

As Duck mentioned it is best to have the Red adapter for the Pixie16.

Alan...