Light-O-Rama Forums

Forum becomes sluggish after a few post

I've noticed lately that after I post a few times (some with pictures attached) the Forums become very very sluggish. As an an example as I am typing this, it takes the forum 10 seconds or better to display my text.

I usually log out then log back in and the issue goes away until next time I post. Is this some sort of spam protection?

Alan...

I have not noticed any issues lately. Here are a few possibilities.

Try flushing your browser's cache and delete any temp files.

Maybe a different browser.

Restart your browser

Reboot.

That's the point Phil, if I log out everything works fine when i log right back on.  I have the browser setup to flush the history as soon as I close it.

However you comments bring up an interesting point, if I cleared the cache while still online would that help? hmmm.

So I took a screenshot of task manager before and after clearing the cache (while still online) Here's the results.

Again, this only happens after if I post pictures, movies into a thread. Bizzare, at least I know when it happens, just trying to figure out the why.

Alan...

Before

ff.png

After

ff2.png

Edited by default

You may have adware plugin or a rogue A/V

My FF is showing like your restarted and I have been here for a while responding

I just noticed, that the option to restart FF  WITHOUT plugins, has disappeared

Not talking about History or Memory. Talking about the browsers disk cache.

One bad file in there can jigger everything up, and there are a ton of them. You will have to find it in your particular browser's settings.

Try uninstalling the browser and/or try a different one. At least it may narrow down the problem a bit.

No idea if it's an issue or not.

As one might expect I've got quite a bit going on this weekend, and wouldn't be able to devote a lot of time to it until late next week (at best.) Will keep an eye on this thread if ya'll stumble across something.

It's all good LORAdmin. I know when to expect it now and just log off and log back in and all is good.

I posted to see if it was just me, or if someone else is experiencing this. I post a lot of gifs of varying sizes from off site. Sometimes it takes some time (30 seconds or longer) for the gifs to appear on the page. When that happens, it is usually followed by the slow down I metioned.

Alan...

• The topic was locked